Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jagged Alliance Series > Jagged Alliance - Back in Action

Old 03-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
evilwillhunting

10 Things I learned from playing Jagged Alliance: Back In Action

1. A merc will rob a local villager blind by looting all his possessions, but somehow will not scruple to steal their car.

2. A fragmentation grenade, an unarmored-antipersonnel weapon, can somehow destroy a tank.

3. Despite being in top condition and in the hands of a soldier who is rated to be flawlessly adept at its use, a gun will jam at LEAST 20% of the time.

4. You can miss with a shotgun at 5 paces.

5. Repairing armor is a lost art that died off with the knights and vikings. You have no recourse but to use a vest until it falls apart.

6. When slain, an enemy soldier's sweet M16 and 3 extra clips somehow will morph into a single box of .357 ammunition.

7. A seasoned Explosives expert can identify the location of mines nearby without any kind of equipment... yet has absolutely no qualms about running on top of them to get from point A to point B.

8. A soldier will stand in abject terror and do nothing as someone with a melee weapon charges him, even though said soldier has a fully loaded and ready automatic weapon pointed at his attacker.

9. Despite being run by a woman, Arulco's female soldiers must wear nothing but black bras. Spectra vests? Nah. Gotta show off those boobies.

10. Mercenaries believe that a handful of maggots, a cockroach or a spider might be useful later.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
luckystalker

Hmm at your 3. I am 60 hours in to the game and yet to see a weapon jam....
luckystalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
DarkJeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwillhunting View Post
3. Despite being in top condition and in the hands of a soldier who is rated to be flawlessly adept at its use, a gun will jam at LEAST 20% of the time.
I've never had a weapon that wasn't green, and I've never had a jam.

Quote:
5. Repairing armor is a lost art that died off with the knights and vikings. You have no recourse but to use a vest until it falls apart.
Eh, there's no real way to repair damaged vests, though. Though that doesn't explain why we can't repair our uniform...
DarkJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
berowe

JAM
Game: I have had one weapon jam-- an MG after taking two territories without a repair-- after putting about 400 rounds through it...
Reality: I have had countless M16/M4/M249/M240 jams after just a few rounds. (hmmm maybe I should clean them...)

ARMOR
Game: This is intended as the game's money sink. It just doesn't work as well as merc salaries did (JA2), because it is annoying to have a 2nd squad with the sole mission of armor resupply.--and most of us are too lazy to take our time and avoid being SHOT.
Reality: Armor vests and plate-carriers may be "repairable" in the most basic sense, but the plates inside are toast after one or two hits (or a ka-bar stab from a moron Marine)... and I'll check with my purple-heart wearing buddies to see if they ever sewed-up their shredded uniforms.

Other stuff is dead on.
berowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
PolecatEZ

Quote:
...and I'll check with my purple-heart wearing buddies to see if they ever sewed-up their shredded uniforms.

Other stuff is dead on.
Back when I was a young buck private they issued sewing kits (complete with all 4 different colors of thread: black, green, brown, and tan) in basic. Also in the old BDU's (not sure about the new stock) small amounts of blood can wash out
PolecatEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
ranger021

Quote:
10. Mercenaries believe that a handful of maggots, a cockroach or a spider might be useful later.
You know you can right-click on them in your inventory and eat them?
ranger021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:16 AM   #7
Excession

I agree that armour isn't repairable, but in 13 days of the game my first character has gone through 3 pairs of boots, 4 pairs of trousers, 6 shirts, 10 flak jackets and 6 helmets.

Aggregate that over my whole task force for a months engagement and that's a stupid amount!

For example I think a pair of boots should last a month!
Excession is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jagged Alliance Series > Jagged Alliance - Back in Action