Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 03-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
TheKritsTheyKil

If I could change just ONE thing about the tank CITV unlock...

I would add a compass to the top of the screen.

Seriously, did EA forget something here? The driver and the gunner both have compasses AND a real time tank diagram at the bottom of their screen. When working with a teammate, these two little seemingly useless details can turn you into a well oiled rolling juggernaut.

So when I heard of the CITV unlock and how cool it would be when I finally got my third seat. I read up counteless times on how you can switch from normal view to 3.4x thermal image view and laser target vehicles.

So the BIG MOMENT CAME WOOHOO! and it is 90% of what I had hoped, however when using it with a teammate, even with a mic, its VERY hard to stay oriented!!!!

I hope that they add atleast a diagram at the bottom to show where I'm aiming etc!!

Anyone else frustrated by this?

------Edit-------

Just to sum up the below, here are other suggestions brought forth to make the CITV "better".

1. Mouse Sensitivity in the seat needs to be changed, not very responsive.
2. Change the view height, the secondary gunner sometimes blocks your view with his ammo box.
3. CITV laser painter should grant 40 points per lock, 100 points for lock-destroyed target.
4. CITV seat should grant a 2nd set of smoke canisters (activated by CITV seat only)

Last edited by TheKritsTheyKil: 03-05-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
OldManMouser

Yep, also when the gunner blocks your view, that gets kind of annoying.
OldManMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
ravage386

I'd ask that they fix the mouse sensitivity and make the thing feel like it is not balanced on top of a spring.
ravage386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
Grunt7684

You are quite right, that's missing from it.
Grunt7684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:27 AM   #5
Ace Quat

the only thing i am getting frustrated by is that using the citv station hardly gives any points: it should give 40 per successful lock + 100 for laser-lock kill assist. unlike the soflam, which you can leave somewhere and run off, the citv needs active guidance while locking. i still cannot understand anyway why assists (heli piloting, laser locking, spotting, repairing, etc) give so low scores. no wonder nobody is working together in this game when you only get 10 miserable points for risky actions
Ace Quat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:05 AM   #6
cylon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Quat View Post
no wonder nobody is working together in this game when you only get 10 miserable points for risky actions
..because people play for fun or objectives or to win rather than 'im only playing so i can get points for myself' ?
cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:39 AM   #7
Ace Quat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylon View Post
..because people play for fun or objectives or to win rather than 'im only playing so i can get points for myself' ?
oh please, keep your hypocritical 'i only play for fun' argument to yourself. you know it isnt true. you unknowingly care for unlocks and kdr and 'performing well' on the battlefield too otherwise you wouldnt get frustrated when having 0-15 stats or when being in a really bad loser team - and i dont believe that you dont. no matter what you say now.

additionally, i never said in my short statement there that i only care for stats. thats a hasty generalization of your reading. moreover, i said that being in the citv station RATHER THAN being on foot and killing enemies should be rewarded with enough points. think of the opportunity costs for once, you always do what benefits your utility best:
argmax 'helping teammates'
argmax 'getting kills'
argmax 'getting points'
Ace Quat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #8
Grunt7684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Quat View Post
the only thing i am getting frustrated by is that using the citv station hardly gives any points: it should give 40 per successful lock + 100 for laser-lock kill assist. unlike the soflam, which you can leave somewhere and run off, the citv needs active guidance while locking. i still cannot understand anyway why assists (heli piloting, laser locking, spotting, repairing, etc) give so low scores. no wonder nobody is working together in this game when you only get 10 miserable points for risky actions
I thoroughly agree. I also feel that the SOFLAM should collect a small amount of points per assist when left on auto mode. I mean, when you leave your MAV unattended near a flag, you do collect spot assists, right? Why not the same thing for the SOFLAM? And yeah the CITV should reward the time spent in the tank better.
Grunt7684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #9
blazur

Ouch...seems like a pretty big oversight.
blazur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #10
TheKritsTheyKil

^

Unfortunately it is...

However, I have noticed that you still retainyour minimap like you do in the other two seating positions. In the minimap you also still retain your universal compass so When i'm looking around and spot a target, I review the compass to give a general direction.

This coupled with spotting seems to overcome the challenge of communication hinderance, however without a Mic, it is still very difficult to command with these two items unless you are talking in chat. In that case, your teammates get annoyed real fast with your wall of text unless you talk in squad chat.

Hopefully EA will release a patch to bring these features to the command seat.
TheKritsTheyKil is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series