Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rayman series

Old 03-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
Twyzer

Question Rayman 2 - Standalone version

So I tried the demo of Rayman: Origins and while it's not that bad, I feel the 30€ price a bit high. I think the original Rayman is way better.

My post here is however not for arguing about the price. I'm here to ask if Rayman 2 will be anytime purchasable through Steam, or is it only a one-time deal as a preorder bonus?

I really loved Rayman 2 thus I would like to buy it on Steam if possible. The original Rayman with Dosbox would also be nice, but with the release of Rayman: Origins, that moment will probably never come.

Last edited by DoubleD: 03-04-2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Easier to read.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
ChaosBahamut

Not sure, but you can buy Rayman 2 on GoG.
ChaosBahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Mashley

I'd guess it will come out when RO launches... Origins is well worth the money by the way, it has a ton of content. :P
Mashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:40 AM   #4
Twyzer

I loved Raymans movement and actions more in the original game. It felt more smooth for me.

Last edited by DoubleD: 03-04-2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Easier to read.
Twyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
Turretti

Bought Rayman Origins, and I'm currently testing out Rayman 2. The problem is I enjoy playing games like these on the controller, but the control-scheme is bat- crazy. I tried to remap the keys on xpadder, but then the game just recognizes two schemes (so I jump AND shoot from one button).

Do you know if there is somekind of .ini file I can edit to actually enjoy this game?
Turretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
Twyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turretti View Post
Bought Rayman Origins, and I'm currently testing out Rayman 2. The problem is I enjoy playing games like these on the controller, but the control-scheme is bat- crazy. I tried to remap the keys on xpadder, but then the game just recognizes two schemes (so I jump AND shoot from one button).

Do you know if there is somekind of .ini file I can edit to actually enjoy this game?
Um, can't you just disable controller from the Config menu (before actually the game starts)? Disabling the controller and using Xpadder to rebind keyboard keys would work imo.
Twyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
Talaaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyzer View Post
Um, can't you just disable controller from the Config menu (before actually the game starts)? Disabling the controller and using Xpadder to rebind keyboard keys would work imo.
Nope. The set up window only contains graphics settings. I, too, am at a loss as to how to disable the game's controls and use xpadder.
Talaaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
nubblecakes

I've been wondering about this as well. The control scheme for the game is freaking insane and the fact you can't edit the keybinds in-game or through a config file of sorts makes the game practically unplayable. I never tried xpadder though. If you find a solution then let me know...
nubblecakes is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rayman series