Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anno series

Old 03-04-2012, 03:27 AM   #1
melloorr

Cannot play Anno 2070 :(

I bought this game but I have not been able to play 1 minute of it yet. When I click play on the ubisoft launcher, the game loads for 5 seconds, the goes off and takes me tot eh after action report. I have since learned that I am getting a runtime error: http://www.jtbworld.com/images/SlowA...9D21/image.png

That is the error I am getting. How can I fix this? Any help will be appreciated. (I have uninstalled C++ and reinstalled, and that has not worked)
Old 03-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
dmdilks

Our your video drivers up to date and what are you trying to run it on.
dmdilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
melloorr

Just checked and my drivers ARE up to date, and I am on windows 7 64 bit

Radeon HD6770
melloorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
dmdilks

If you are on windows 64bit you really shouldn't be having run time errors. Because I can take this game and put it on a clean install of the OS with no updates other than the video card and it runs fine.

But again I don't have a Steam version. A lot of people that get it from Steam have problems. Then there is a lot of people don't. Why I can't tell you that because all I can say is that all peoples computers are defferent.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
melloorr

I have good-ish news. The problem happened about 99% of the time but worked 1% of the time, even when I had the exact same proccesses running. But while searching for an answer to this problem, I have found out that the problem only happens when launching in full screen. I changed to windowed in the engine.ini, and it works everytime now.

However, I would prefer not to play in windowed mode, I paid £40 for the deluxe edition from steam, rather than the normal edition for £25 from an actually physical shop, thinking (stupidly) that the extra money would reduce the problems, as steam would do the installing and such. And at the moment, I feel I have been screwed over.

I know it is a long shot, but I don't suppose you know why it crashes in full screen only? I would ask Steam, but last time I contacted them asking if I was entitled for a refund (as they have sold me something that does not work), they just ignored me and sent a list of things, that I had already done, to try and get the game to work.

P.S Thank you for your help by the way. It is much a appreciated
melloorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
dmdilks

I have been doing some checking and once you are in the game check to see what the resolution you are running. You can start there to play around with your resolution.

When I install 1404 from Steam I have to wait till I get into the main screen till I can change the resolution. The screen just keeps flashing till I change the resolution. You might have a resolution problem.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anno series