Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Jackoj10
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 1
Steam Spring Sale?

There has probally been 5000 posts about this but do you guys think there will be a sale and when do you think?
Jackoj10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
xSilverPhinx
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 20
Posts: 164
Apparently summer sale is the next big one.
xSilverPhinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
Quemical
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 326
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackoj10 View Post
There has probally been 5000
Correct. Along with 5,000 other threads like "While there be a Valentine's day sale?" "Will there be a leap year sale?" "Will there be a St Patrick's Day sale?" "Will there be an Easter sale?" "Will there be a my birthday sale?"
Quemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
Bonejunky
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quemical View Post
Correct. Along with 5,000 other threads like "While there be a Valentine's day sale?" "Will there be a leap year sale?" "Will there be a St Patrick's Day sale?" "Will there be an Easter sale?" "Will there be a my birthday sale?"
I lol'd at that.

I am fairly sure that the next sale will be in the summer some time.
Bonejunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
TheFourteen
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 3
Posts: 157
Summer Sale. Halloween Sale. Autumn Sale. Holiday Sale.

... why would they wait all the way until summer when they crammed two smaller sales in before the last Holiday Sale? Certainly Spring Sale's not gonna be as big as Summer or Holiday Sale, but they're bound to do another sale before that...

... especially given how crappy the recent daily sales have become. Guess they're saving up the good stuff.
TheFourteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
bassjason
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 107
Posts: 463
I wouldn't count on a sale until summer.. which is fine by me, I still have a ton of games I haven't even started yet from the holiday sale.
bassjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
Satoru
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Reputation: 4861
Posts: 10,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFourteen View Post
Summer Sale. Halloween Sale. Autumn Sale. Holiday Sale.

... why would they wait all the way until summer when they crammed two smaller sales in before the last Holiday Sale? Certainly Spring Sale's not gonna be as big as Summer or Holiday Sale, but they're bound to do another sale before that...

... especially given how crappy the recent daily sales have become. Guess they're saving up the good stuff.
From a purely 'retail' perspective this makes sense since traditionally most people spend their money at the end of the year during Christmas. Thus the 'back loading' of sales. Of course Steam is known for being able to make money in non-traditional ways.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #8
JimmyMcNulty
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 1539
Posts: 3,364
My bank account begs for the next one to be Summer and not Spring.
JimmyMcNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #9
TeKraken
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 7355
Posts: 7,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
My bank account begs for the next one to be Summer and not Spring.
My bank is hoping for an English summer.
TeKraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #10
Kiya
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Reputation: 561
Posts: 1,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeKraken View Post
My bank is hoping for an English summer.
Short, grey and wet?
Kiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #11
etienneb29
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 219
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjason View Post
I still have a ton of games I haven't even started yet from the holiday sale.
I still have a ton of games I haven't even started yet from the holiday sale of 2010.
etienneb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #12
TeKraken
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 7355
Posts: 7,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiya View Post
Short, grey and wet?
yup, or better - none existent.
TeKraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #13
Anarchisteve
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 3839
Posts: 1,375
I think people are being a little harsh about British summers. I'm only 34 and I can remember a summer.
Anarchisteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #14
Satoru
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Reputation: 4861
Posts: 10,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchisteve View Post
I think people are being a little harsh about British summers. I'm only 34 and I can remember a summer.
The first time I went to London in April, it was literally 45C outside and the train systems weren't running because the rails were BUCKLING because of the heat. Note that a lot of places have no AC and being suck in a train going 5kph with other sweaty commuters was like hell on earth. I got heat stroke and to sit out one day of my vacation.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #15
Kiya
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Reputation: 561
Posts: 1,205
I've lived in Manchester for twelve years now. I'm sure that summers here are just a myth perpetuated by oldtimers as they sit round their jugs of ale in the constant rain talking about the rose tinted days of their youth.

Last edited by Kiya: 03-06-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Kiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.