Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
spacegodzilla2
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 29
Exclamation Left 4 dead 2 Problem!

I downloaded left 4 dead 2 on steam the other day(on mac). I got some skins for the characters off of left4deadmap.com, and I put the add ons in my add on folder. when playing the game, some zombies and stuff would show up as errors or glow blue or green. I deleted the add ons but Im still having this problem. I uninstalled l4d2 off steam then re downloaded it. SAME PROBLEM! can any one please help me?
spacegodzilla2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
animals112
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Reputation: 1
Posts: 193
you need delete custom skins not addon folder
just go to game folder and delete materials and models folder and then verify game cache
animals112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
spacegodzilla2
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by animals112 View Post
you need delete custom skins not addon folder
just go to game folder and delete materials and models folder and then verify game cache
I didn't delete the add-on folder. sorry if my first post made it sound like that. I deleted the skin add-ons in the folder. How do I verify game cache?
spacegodzilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
spacegodzilla2
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 29
When I start a level this pops up.
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/skeleton_alt/metal13
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/skeleton_alt/richard_lionhearted_shield
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/skeleton_alt/richard_lionhearted_shield_(rear)
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/skeleton_alt/longsword_diffuse
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/skeleton_alt/black
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/skeleton_alt/metal_texture_2_by_wojtar_stock_nohead"
spacegodzilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
restlessgamer75
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 209
Posts: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegodzilla2 View Post
When I start a level this pops up.
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/skeleton_alt/metal13
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/skeleton_alt/richard_lionhearted_shield
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/skeleton_alt/richard_lionhearted_shield_(rear)
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/skeleton_alt/longsword_diffuse
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/skeleton_alt/black
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/skeleton_alt/metal_texture_2_by_wojtar_stock_nohead"
to verify the game cache go to
steam> my games> right click on left 4 dead 2> select properties> local files> verify integrity of game cache
restlessgamer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
spacegodzilla2
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessgamer75 View Post
to verify the game cache go to
steam> my games> right click on left 4 dead 2> select properties> local files> verify integrity of game cache
I did and nothing happen
spacegodzilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
restlessgamer75
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 209
Posts: 1,013
try deleting the entire addon folder and delete the clientregistry.blob more information here
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7241-EYON-2343
restlessgamer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.