Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems

Old 03-07-2012, 02:54 AM   #1
sN1pz0r

Red face My PC is getting Blue Screens :(

My PC just randomly get blue screens called like PFN_List_Corrupt and Memory_Management and it keeps dumping and gets to a 100% and then I have to restart my PC. It's happening more frequently now which got really annoying. So I decided to do something about it.

I really didn't know what was the first thing to do so I ran sfc /scannow using 'cmd' in administration.

The result

Quote:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

C:\Windows\system32>
Okay, now I really don't know what I'm doing here and could some expert in PC's help me with this corrupt file. But, I'm aware that my PC has many problems.

I also uploaded my DxDiag if somebody needs information on my PC.

DxDiag Download

It would be very much appreciated if somebody could help me.

Many Thanks.

Last edited by sN1pz0r: 03-07-2012 at 02:59 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:05 AM   #2
thePyro_13

As much as I sympathise with your situation, this really isn't the place for OS tech support.

Remake this post in the Help and Tips forum(or ask a mod to move it), or better yet a forum dedicated to OS support.

Since I'm posting anyway, look into the repair tool on the windows install CD. You can access it by booting from the CD, it can replace files that simply cannot be modified while running windows. It may help. Good luck.

Last edited by thePyro_13: 03-07-2012 at 03:07 AM.
thePyro_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:08 AM   #3
Europhoria

You may want the Hardware and OS forum. Could be memory faults? Try running a memory testing program.
Europhoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:17 AM   #4
sN1pz0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePyro_13 View Post
As much as I sympathise with your situation, this really isn't the place for OS tech support.

Remake this post in the Help and Tips forum(or ask a mod to move it), or better yet a forum dedicated to OS support.

Since I'm posting anyway, look into the repair tool on the windows install CD. You can access it by booting from the CD, it can replace files that simply cannot be modified while running windows. It may help. Good luck.
Okay, thankyou. But one more question, I don't have a windows 7 install cd but I have 3 recovery disks that came with the pc. But i don't know how to use it when I put it into my pc.

The disc contains this. I took a screen shot of it. Please help.

http://i42.tinypic.com/357nh5k.jpg

All three disc have something like this that is unclickable and something you can't install.
sN1pz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:37 AM   #5
caveman26

you need to find cd one put it into your pc and turn off your pc when you turn it back on you might have to press f6, f8, f10, f12 to access the cd press these buttons when the acer windows comes up or just after you have hit the power button
caveman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:41 AM   #6
sN1pz0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman26 View Post
you need to find cd one put it into your pc and turn off your pc when you turn it back on you might have to press f6, f8, f10, f12 to access the cd press these buttons when the acer windows comes up or just after you have hit the power button
okay i'll try. thank you.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:34 AM   #7
sN1pz0r

Well using the recovery disc totally messed up mu pc. a blue screen occured halfway recovering and now my pc won't start al all... what have i done
Old 03-07-2012, 06:49 AM   #8
caveman26

do you get the post screen or acer when you start your pc?

if so try the cd again

what is the bsod message
caveman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #9
YahooElite

Memory Management error can caused by a faulty RAM stick or a possible Hard drive issue. But its most likely the RAM.

Faulty RAM can also cause problems when attempting to reformat/use recovery software.

Had this problem myself not too long ago, ended up being a bad RAM stick causing all the problems, BUTTT i had already ordered an i5 2500K setup when i tracked down the faulty RAM so ehh..

Not sure how much RAM you have, but remove 1 Stick and try to continue what you were doing, if that doesnt work remove another stick and replace the other one, etc etc.
YahooElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #10
Milkomeda

Quote:
Originally Posted by YahooElite View Post
Memory Management error can caused by a faulty RAM stick or a possible Hard drive issue. But its most likely the RAM.

Faulty RAM can also cause problems when attempting to reformat/use recovery software.

Had this problem myself not too long ago, ended up being a bad RAM stick causing all the problems, BUTTT i had already ordered an i5 2500K setup when i tracked down the faulty RAM so ehh..

Not sure how much RAM you have, but remove 1 Stick and try to continue what you were doing, if that doesnt work remove another stick and replace the other one, etc etc.
Anti Virus software can cause Memory Managment BSOD. Back when I was using Avast I would get around 1 Memory Managment BSOD per day once I switched to MSE the Blue Screens vanished.

But easiest way to diagnose RAM problem is to run memtest86+ with the RAM sticks one at a time run them each for 6 hours if they all clear test one in all the different RAM slots one at a time. If they all clear you don't have a RAM problem.
Milkomeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #11
sN1pz0r

Hi, there. I keep getting this error just when its about restore the backup.
Im using my mobile to upload, sorry if bad quality.

4gp.tw/bah/1331268730829.jpg

My ram is 16gb and i think it's overclocked. But i bought it like this from ebay. So i don't knw how to underclock. But i did default bios settings and saved it.

I could try pulling a ram out. But, i hope it works. Because on my side panel of pc there is warranty stickers and they will be removed if i try opening it. Will they become void?

Thank you.

I also have problem re-installing windows 7 ultimate x64. It freezes at 'windows expanding files' at 0%.

So i'm completly stuck. I can't fix my pc at all. I would appreciate the help.

Thnkyou.

EDIT: I ensured i formatted my drive before i tried installing windows 7. Also, i used cmd to 'clean all' using diskpart. Which took practically 2hours. But i still have same problem.

Also, i ran memorydiagnostic and it came with hardware issue and its say contact my manufacturer. Which i believe is acer, i think.

But yeah, now i probably do think it might be the ram that was causing probs from start?

Am i right?

Last edited by rotNdude: 03-09-2012 at 08:08 AM. Reason: learn how to use the edit feature
Old 03-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #12
Bad_Motha

Banned
Sound to me like you either have bad RAM or some bad sectors on the hard drive. Either of which can produce read/write errors, like what we saw when you tried using the Acer Recovery program.

Resetting your BIOS back to defaults might have made it worse though, depending on the RAM you have installed. As the RAM may have been needed to be manually setup in the BIOS, which now would be set to AUTO by default and might not be setup at the proper voltage and/or timings.

If it takes over 30 - 60 mins to install Win7 on any kind of standard hard drive, something is obviously wrong with the system. Either one of it's components or it's BIOS settings.

Also, resetting the BIOS may have set the SATA back to IDE mode. Unless you're running an older OS where AHCI is not compatible or there is no available AHCI drivers for the OS you are trying to install/run. For Win7 however, you will want the SATA set to AHCI mode in the BIOS.

What model of Acer is it?
Is the original motherboard still in the system or has that been changed/upgraded?

Once you can locate and post the model# of the Acer system, we can lookup the PDF manual for it and see what BIOS options are available and go from there.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #13
sN1pz0r

Hi there,
It's an acer aspire m3910.
I think the only thing that has been ugraded is the RAM.

If you need more info, you can download my dxdiag from my 1st post.

Thankyou for replying.

EDIT: i still have my original ram's that comes with pc. If i put them in instead. Would that work?

I hope i don't have to buy a new harddrive.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #14
Bad_Motha

Banned
Ok thanx. Yes I reviewed all the posts first before replying, judging by your 1st post of OS files starting to become corrupted and then the Acer Recovery failing to work, this is why I'm leaning towards bad RAM or HDD at this point.

But let me locate the PDF manual for your system and then we can see if the BIOS needs anything to be changed from it's default settings.

If after that you still have Win7 install issues, but I would try testing your RAM, one at a time. If those pass, test the HDD.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:20 AM   #15
sN1pz0r

Okay, thankyou for helping

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems