Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mass Effect series

Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #331
quickanddead

You peoples are stupid,so it means that BF3 players(or EA customers) shouldnt buy unreal 3,darksiders,total war.. because it require to be activated on Steam? Gosh,give them a break,if EA wants to sell ME3 in local garage,than let it be,if you like the game,you wont(at last i dont care) care where it comes from.
quickanddead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #332
Aemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickanddead View Post
You peoples are stupid,so it means that BF3 players(or EA customers) shouldnt buy unreal 3,darksiders,total war.. because it require to be activated on Steam? Gosh,give them a break,if EA wants to sell ME3 in local garage,than let it be,if you like the game,you wont(at last i dont care) care where it comes from.
It isn't so much as to where it comes from but what it requires you to use. EA has more than deserved the consumer mistrust people show them in this thread. The thread is filled with posts explaining their reasons, it's just to start reading if you want to know learn something.
Aemony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #333
quickanddead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aemony View Post
It isn't so much as to where it comes from but what it requires you to use. EA has more than deserved the consumer mistrust people show them in this thread. The thread is filled with posts explaining their reasons, it's just to start reading if you want to know learn something.
Yeah right,nobody complains about steam also..i can show you load of other peoples complaints on steam,only you have to know foreign language...
Also how does so many people complain about EA,and i never had any single problem,same issue with Games for windows LIVE.
quickanddead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #334
Michael_IEU

Quote:
You peoples are stupid
Keep in mind that to a lot of us you paid to install spyware on your own pc.

So who thinks who is stupid is somewhat relative here.
Michael_IEU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:10 AM   #335
Aemony

Quote:
Yeah right,nobody complains about steam also..i can show you load of other peoples complaints on steam,only you have to know foreign language...
Also how does so many people complain about EA,and i never had any single problem,same issue with Games for windows LIVE.
Eh, what? I know a bunch of people complaining about Steam, without the need to know foreign languages. Heck, even this forum has its share of complaints about additional DRM on Steam games, offline mode not working, inability to change account name and Steamworks overall. Thing is: if people doesn't need the features Steam provides then they will complain about the lack of a DRM-free version.

Suggesting that complaints are invalid because you yourself have never experienced them is a fallacy in logic. It's great that you haven't, really, I wouldn't have it any other way. But not all share the same experience, which is why there's even complaints to begin with. The problems with Origin and GFWL is well documented and is but a Google search away if you want to learn more.

Also, an important matter regarding Origin up until this point was that you lost access to all of your singleplayer games if your account was banned on a forum or other part of the service that utilized it. Did hackers use your account to spoof BF3 cheating to show the security issues with Punkbuster? You got banned and lost all access to all of your SP games, DLCs and stuff. Did you get banned by a moderator/admin for breaking the rules on one of the forums tied to your EA account? Sorry, you lost access to all of your games, including the ability to play singleplayer games and DLCs. And the list goes on.

^- That problem was only fixed mere days ago. The reports have been coming in for over a year now of people losing access to their games.

TL;DR: Nothing is perfect nor do everyone share the same experience.
Aemony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #336
BeRazer

You know in the last months I've asked the same question over and over. "does origin take your data or not?" No one ever said "no". The usual answer is "steam does it too"
Then I have to explain to them that steam provides a optional survey...

On the other hand many people just don't care if they take data or not and quickly acuse people of being criminals for not wanting EA (google etc) looking their pc... That is just wrong, you wouldnt have EA going into your house check your things so why should they have access to your pc.

EA themselves only clarified: "we do not scan your pictures or documents" right, but they do scan software and hardware. That is my conclusion. And since my trust in them is reduced, I'll wait at least until origin is not BETA anymore to check it again.
BeRazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:03 AM   #337
Lt_danw

I want steam to lower the price of ME1 and ME2! ME2 should cost around $20 (not 50). or offer a bundle. its price dropped anywhere else. just not in steam. and not on sale.
Lt_danw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #338
CMDR MUSHU

0. it would be nice to have me3 integrated into the steam community, but its single player so im not really concerned
CMDR MUSHU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #339
TentacleMayor

I'd wait for $10 price. Though it's my most wanted game now, I'm not going to use Origin and I'm more likely to get it on console a few years from now.
TentacleMayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #340
Lexinator

I wouldn't buy it anymore, just bought it today on Amazon for half price.
Lexinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #341
Lt_danw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexinator View Post
exactly. i want to get it through Steam but not at that price (when everywhere else it's cheaper).
Lt_danw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #342
BeRazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexinator View Post
Half? 30$? it's still not a very good deal!

Even if the games come to steam, EA is finding new ways to screw us. They will be adopting the same (always on) DRM from ubisoft, and probably even worse. (just google it)
BeRazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #343
Primal_Hunter

Hear hear, I would buy this game if it was on steam, as origin is an annoying program.
Primal_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #344
Griefindor

I noticed datamine talk has been mentioned here and although I'am quite late to the "party" check this WoW players. Blizzard is doing the same thing as Origin... or worse we simple peasants couldnt know... We signed the damned ToC just to play a god damn game...
Griefindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #345
Weiser_Cain

Only if an Origin account wasn't required at all.
Weiser_Cain is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mass Effect series