Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation

Old 03-08-2012, 05:31 AM   #1
HQOFIQ

Angry Save Games not working anymore after latest Patch?

Hi,
anyone has the same Problem? After Steam auto-patched my installation to the DX11-Crash-fix (which never occured on my machine btw) I cant open the pre-patch-savegames anymore.

This sucks big time because I played the Fulda Gap to the full extent (clean the whole map) and saved the game because I wanted to finish it today. This isnt possible anymore - I can start new games, MP and SP but cant open "old" savegames without crashing to the desktop ...

Any Solution or workaround, anyone?
Thanks in advance ...
Old 03-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
Masher8559

It is the same with all balance patches, they will break saves and even replays for obvious reasons. Once a balance patch is released you will lose all saves, nothing can be done about it sadly.
Masher8559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
DerFoxY

maybe when development kit will be released some one will write a programm to fix this like in red allert or oblivion if its probably possible so far... lost some pretty good replays after the update
DerFoxY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #4
Stealth2668

Yup having the same problem. I didn't know this so i got screwed over. Very stupid system. At least with a random game crash you can reload your game again, now it's impossible and have to restart, STUPID....
Stealth2668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
nick_the_ninja

Same here - game crashes immediately when loaded a saved game.

I figured that the pre-patch saves are now invalid and I'm fine with that.

But I'm now also getting crashes when I load a saved game created AFTER the patch

I see a new update is available this evening. Hopefully it will address the crashing issue (otherwise yesterday's patch will have broken European Escalation for me, which was working fine before).

Regards,
Nick
nick_the_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
pii

Thankfully I just got the game and only had completed the first solo mission. It would really suck to lose a lot of progress.
pii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #7
nick_the_ninja

I believe that completed missions are preserved (don't have to re-do them). But games saved during a mission are broken.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
Stealth2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_the_ninja View Post
I believe that completed missions are preserved (don't have to re-do them). But games saved during a mission are broken.
Yes, this is the problem. I like to take my time on missions, to minimize casualties so I lost about 1 hour of progress due to being unable to reload my game...
Old 03-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #9
nick_the_ninja

I agree. My style is to save game when I think I'm doing well, and take time over my strategy, restarting from saves until I 'get it right' and then re-save, and so on (to earn more stars )

I'm concerned about the crashes I got last night, when loading from a post-patch save game (not had them before). I hope today's small patch fixes that! Anyone know what was in it?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #10
Stealth2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_the_ninja View Post
I agree. My style is to save game when I think I'm doing well, and take time over my strategy, restarting from saves until I 'get it right' and then re-save, and so on (to earn more stars )

I'm concerned about the crashes I got last night, when loading from a post-patch save game (not had them before). I hope today's small patch fixes that! Anyone know what was in it?
Probably something that screws it up even more. Maybe auto-crash on game start up?
Old 03-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #11
starwave

Very dissapointed here :-( Was halfway albion plateau, going nicely, and now have to restart because the savegames are corrupted.

Isn't there a way to undo the patch? Guess I have to put this game away for a while until I figure it out, since I'm allergic to replaying hours that went extremely well because of some crash/bug/fix.

Last edited by starwave: 03-09-2012 at 08:31 AM.
starwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
Lanky48

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQOFIQ View Post
Hi,
anyone has the same Problem? After Steam auto-patched my installation to the DX11-Crash-fix (which never occured on my machine btw) I cant open the pre-patch-savegames anymore.

This sucks big time because I played the Fulda Gap to the full extent (clean the whole map) and saved the game because I wanted to finish it today. This isnt possible anymore - I can start new games, MP and SP but cant open "old" savegames without crashing to the desktop ...

Any Solution or workaround, anyone?
Thanks in advance ...
Nope!
All my saved games after the patch were indicated as corrupted hence unusable. Too bad, I wanted to learn some more, but I guess I'll have to start again!.
Lanky48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #13
gingerbill

i just went to play as i havent played for awhile and my save games are corrupt
gingerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #14
Rørbæk

For me it was only two saved there was corupted. Fortunatly is was a finished game.
Rørbæk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #15
PandeX

Just to say, it was announced that after every "tuning" patch save games and replays will be corrupt..

The tecnical patches like the one earlier this week didnt make them corrupt its only the tuning patches. And id really advice you to use the official forum instead of this... dont seem to be many in here that knows much about this game.
PandeX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation