Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Two Worlds

Old 03-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
Bonedoctor

My Impression

When this went on sale , I looked at several official game reviews and was dissapointed...I didnt buy it . 2 Days later it was bought for me .

This game , in 1 word (Spectacular) ! I can almost gaurantee that ALL the reviewers never got off the tutorial island ! At first glance (first hour or so) ! Combat seems lame ,Interface is very overwhelming , enemys are difficult and on and on ...So I stopped playing ! I watched a video on youtube of a necromancer in the game ,and decided it needed another shot !

Im now 42 hours into the game and still consistently blown away ! You MUST get past the tutorial island to appreciate this game ! I am a WoW , bethesda and guildwars vet (among others) , and I have never played a game with this much attention to detail . You will be amazed , pretty much nonstop, once the quest line takes you to the savanna !

The graphics are top notch , and so far heavily polished . I have read others having issues ,but i got it jacked and its running good ! The sounds (both ambient and musical) are outstanding and really give you the sense of being in that particualr area .

Quests seem unlimited as they go on and on . One leads to 10 more and depending on how you do the inital quest ,changes everything . If you get bad rep , thiefs will start randomly selling you valuable goods you cant normally get ! If you are a good person ,you get rewarded for that as well . Dungeons are incredibly diverse and very well layed out . The Ai isnt the hardest to play against ,but it can be tricky depending on your build !

I can go on for pages on this game ! If you start mellee ,go 1 hander and shield . Mage is very hard at first ,you have to make your own spells from scratch and it has a steep learning curve to it (but well rewarding) , I havent played with the bow yet but the drops in game support it well enough !

This is a MUST for any RPG fan ! It wont dissapoint you if you give it the time required to learn the basics !
Old 03-15-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
AgingHobo

Thanks for the quick review.

I traded some TF2 hats for TW2 this morning, looking forward to trying it out. Do you have the pirate DLC or just the base game?
AgingHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
NebulousNite

I am Impressed with TW2 as Well!

Thanks for the review BoneDoctor. I too was about gave up on this game, as it was too hard to complete the first Savannah quest. But thanks to this forum, I was back at it and am impressed with how much the game has pulled me in.

I thought I would try it a bit as a break from Skyrim, but I haven't been back to Skyrim since. I especially like the crafting system where you can destroy items for resources to improve other items.
NebulousNite is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Two Worlds