Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hacker Evolution

Old 03-10-2012, 04:06 AM   #1
CrαB

Exclamation Duality Level 2 Bug?

Hi,

i've been playing this game for a couple of hours and i've noticed a strange thing in the second mission ("Money if you don't have it steal it").

If i choose not to attack the two AI controlled servers and instead work my way up slowly by hacking into the two Datacenter Servers, the moment that i've managed to bring down the Global Bank's Firewall it disappears off the map!

This happens every time i follow this plan (hack into the 2 Datacenters -> Bounce Link them ->Start hacking bank).

It does not happen if i work my way up from the Exosyphen servers.

Is this intentional? If so why is the game forcing me to provoke 2 non-hostile targets where there is a slower but more secure solution?

P.S: I would've opened a thread at the official forums but unfortunately there is no Confirmation Code at the account creation screen.
Also, verifying the integrity of the game's cache through steam deleted my profile. It also resets all achievements. Is this intentional?

Last edited by CrαB: 03-10-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:41 AM   #2
exosyphen

exosyphen studios
If a server's integrity reaches 0, it is destroyed and eliminated from the map.

exosyphen studios | FaceBook fanpage
exosyphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
CrαB

Quote:
Originally Posted by exosyphen View Post
If a server's integrity reaches 0, it is destroyed and eliminated from the map.
Thank you for your response and i apologize for not making myself clear.

What i meant by saying that:

Quote:
the moment that i've managed to bring down the Global Bank's Firewall it disappears off the map
is that, the moment that i bring the firewall to a level that i can hack (around a value of 6-8) it disappears off the map.

I do not completely destroy the firewall let alone attack the server's integrity.

So to make myself 100% clear:

1)I avoid attacking the AI targets, yet i focus on the 2 Datacenter Servers instead.

2)I hack the 2 Datacenter Servers, then bounce-link them.

3)I start hacking the bank

4)When i bring the bank's firewall down to a value that i can hack (around 6-8), it disappears off the map.

I do not destroy the firewall and i do not attack the server's integrity.
CrαB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:08 AM   #4
kantzgk

I'm trying this route too...as I can manage to get all of the money from GDB, and get the trojan uploaded...but before I can get to the secondary objective of destroying the logs (can't even start the firewall destruction on the logserver) I'm overrun by the hostile AI attacks.

Still have to get one AI machine down for the trojan as far as I know...but I might be able to handle one if I tackle it late.

Be interesting to hear if this is even doable with what might be a bug?
kantzgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:20 AM   #5
White Light

I'm interested in upcoming answers if they will come; cause this level, is the one that made me stop playing this game. It's such a shame, 'cause it's so awesome, but the second level... it's just to damn hard. The overrun by hostile AI is mindkilling.
White Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
combovax

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Light View Post
I'm interested in upcoming answers if they will come; cause this level, is the one that made me stop playing this game. It's such a shame, 'cause it's so awesome, but the second level... it's just to damn hard. The overrun by hostile AI is mindkilling.
i dont want to give away how to win this level but lets just say that its more important to hack the servers and count your money and figure what you need to withstand the ai attacks.

i dont know if its possible to do any other way but i was able to beat the 2nd level after some time and a lil thought.

p.s. make sure and read all your messages as you go thru the lvl.
combovax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:27 AM   #7
exosyphen

exosyphen studios
I can lower the difficulty in this level but the level is doable.
As @combovax said, patiently read everything.
It's not a 3D shooter so don't use tactics like: "full speed ahead, shot at everything".

exosyphen studios | FaceBook fanpage
exosyphen is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hacker Evolution