Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sims 3, The

Old 03-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
jcj64200031

What are your current plans for your families?

Enough with the technical issue posts. Let's get some actual gameplay posts in here.

What are your current goals with the families you're currently playing?

I often have one family that is a loner who power levels all skills and never dies due to ambrosia.

The second family I play starts as a couple, and my goal with them is to have a generational family wherein each generation leaves something behind for the rest, often with the first generation leaving behind a massive nectar cellar that will age considerably over time. I never allow any sims to extend their life unless it's to allow a younger sim more time to grow with a proper parent. I usually play this family until the game starts breaking down due to the length of the save.

Very rarely, I'll do the same as above, but with a short lifespan set, so that the sims have very little time to do anything. adds an extra challenge to try to get their lifetime wishes completed.

How about you guys, how do you play your current families?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:14 AM   #2
Andorxor

My current goal is it to buy the whole town for my family,than i turn ageing back on and let them raise(build) the next generation,who will be great gentleman explorers.Maybe i will keep Project X (my blue skinned chrono/astronaut) alive with ambrosia.

Last edited by Andorxor: 03-12-2012 at 05:17 AM.
Andorxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
Traci

I just focus on the son my sims had lol, he's got like 5*'s and he's just a kid woop! =D

before that though my current goal was for his parents to achieve high status in their jobs which I achieved
Traci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
Tresob77

I had been planning on my Sims achieving their dream goals (one is perfect mind/perfect body, and the other was golden tongue/golden fingers)...but I didn't realize just how fast the default aging process is.

The wife turned elderly one day after giving birth to their first daughter...and the husband (whom I didn't realize started as a "young adult") sits on the floor all the time playing with his kid's toys now.

This was not the future I envisioned for them.

I think I might try a new family with the aging process altered.
Tresob77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
MrUnderstanding

I just maxed the inventing skill. The stupid thing exploded, setting my sim on fire and the fireman managed to show up just as the final minute of the "on fire" trait was about to expire.

Long story short: going to start again from scratch with a house made of fire alarms. :<

Think I need to look into bartering with the grim reaper on the wiki as well.
MrUnderstanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
Andorxor

My inventor sim just runs into the shower when on fire and gets happy from being on fire

Last edited by Andorxor: 03-12-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #7
turistas

i have troubles keeping to one town, but when i pick the town i like, im planning on doing a never ending life game, where when my simself passes away, ill have the kids to play,.. and there kids and so one.. but at the same down, pass on family photos in a house or even in its own lot or something to keep track
turistas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #8
jcj64200031

Some of you may be interested in The Immortal Dynasty Challenge. you can read about it in that link.

the gist of it is that you start with a young adult, and as you progress, you need to attain certain goals for him or her before you're allowed to let them eat ambrosia. This continues until all 8 sims have reached elder status, and have eaten ambrosia (obviously the 7th sim would need to be female, so that they can give birth to the 8th). At which point you count the value of the paintings/sculptures/photos used for the generational museum you build for them, and that's the points you got for completing it.

There are restrictions, so you'll have to go look them up. It's very difficult to pull this off, but it also sets a goal for yourself.

There's other fan-made challenges like this on that site and their forums, so go check them out.
jcj64200031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
Motoki

I don't know if I would be able to stand 8 elders in a house all complaining about their aching back.
Motoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #10
jcj64200031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoki View Post
I don't know if I would be able to stand 8 elders in a house all complaining about their aching back.
I can barely control more than 2 sims at a time without the use of Awesome Mod (gotta love being able to assign explicit free will to force them to do certain tasks repetitively while keeping their needs up). So I haven't touched that challenge yet due to the requirement to not use mods.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:01 AM   #11
turistas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcj64200031 View Post
I can barely control more than 2 sims at a time without the use of Awesome Mod (gotta love being able to assign explicit free will to force them to do certain tasks repetitively while keeping their needs up). So I haven't touched that challenge yet due to the requirement to not use mods.
i been trying to do this, but i find i never like the world in. i keep wanting to change. so i might change again. to a better world when someone makes it... cause i need one with all EPs
turistas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:16 AM   #12
Andorxor

The super sleep bed allows me to have only 2 Sims awake at a time or i put some at long term activities.

Last edited by Andorxor: 03-14-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #13
Motoki

Quote:
Does Awesomemod actually work with the Steam version? I was under the impression that it did not due to some comments I had read previously.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #14
jcj64200031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoki View Post
Does Awesomemod actually work with the Steam version? I was under the impression that it did not due to some comments I had read previously.
it doesn't, but I didn't always have sims 3 on steam, and I used it a ton then. just gotta hope the guy who built awesome mod stops hating on steam so much and decides to make it compatible.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #15
Motoki

Quote:
it doesn't, but I didn't always have sims 3 on steam, and I used it a ton then. just gotta hope the guy who built awesome mod stops hating on steam so much and decides to make it compatible.
One thing I can say about Pescado is he is very stubborn and set in his ways. He is also absolutely paranoid about games connecting to the net and sending information. If he says no Steam version I'm pretty sure it won't ever happen, at least not directly from him.

I think we'll have to make do with Twallan's mods.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sims 3, The