Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Doom series

Old 03-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
SlenderMan

Doom 3 Multi-player

When I go into the MP portion, I see no servers, I tried adjusting my filters to whatever, and still nothing. Anyone else have this problem and fix it? Really curious if its just me, or if the game is dead.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:04 AM   #2
IceHandz906

I read this then went onto MP and it's empty for me too. I imagine one of three things:
1. doom was never a big hit in multiplayer (except maybe when it was fresh and new waaay back in '04 LoL)
2. a firewall blocked out the servers...
3. it's a sign that Doom 4 is on the way!

=P
IceHandz906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
skiddlywibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHandz906 View Post
3. it's a sign that Doom 4 is on the way!

=P
If news about Doom 4 gets people excited then you'd be more likely to find servers. As it is, nobody plays Doom 3 anymore...
skiddlywibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
IceHandz906

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddlywibble View Post
If news about Doom 4 gets people excited then you'd be more likely to find servers. As it is, nobody plays Doom 3 anymore...
Hardly many players ever played the multiplayer for sure. Maybe the most I've ever seen online in multiplayer was 8 players? I'm talking from '06 until now. IF id Software learned anything, they'd add in the multiplayer format to the story campaign in Doom 4 as some mods that did just this was the main reason most people did any multiplayer gaming at all. Last Man Standing and Open Co-Op mods made it fun.

My downloaded Open Co-Op mod is just sitting here collecting dust LoL
Old 03-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #5
yboybo

Multiplayer was alive and well

Doom 3 multiplayer was still being played by a dedicated group until two weeks ago or so. There were about 20 or so servers that were always up. And generally there was somebody playing. If not you could drop in a server and somebody would join in a few minutes. Then it was not unusual to have several others join. I know because I played several times a week and have been doing so since doom 3 was released.

That said, two weeks ago everything went dark. I could not see any servers and I had not changed anything. And my fellow doomers confirm the same happened to them. Speculating ID Software did something to 3 since Doom 4 is coming out.
yboybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:04 AM   #6
IceHandz906

Doom 4 wouldn't be expected likely til 2013 or later, so I doubt it has anything to do with that. Died 2 weeks ago? Could it be a steam thing? I remember when NO SERVERS would pop up for counter-strike a while back.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
yboybo

Guess IceHandz was correct - likely not a ID Software move. Doom 3 multi is back up now. Was down yesterday at time of my last post so very recent change. And there is one doomer patiently waiting for somebody to join...I think will drop in on him.
yboybo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Doom series