Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher, The

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
unbreakkable

Witcher on Mac

Will this game work on a macbook pro??? Also i got my macbook pro in 2010 summer will i be able to run it smoothly?
Old 04-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Bazsy09

Yes, it works from now.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
STARSBarry

no no hes asking if his macbook actualy has the specs to run a 5 year old game even though he probably paid twice as much as a top of the range gaming laptop for it

so bassicaly no
Old 04-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
Ankle_biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSBarry View Post
no no hes asking if his macbook actualy has the specs to run a 5 year old game even though he probably paid twice as much as a top of the range gaming laptop for it

so bassicaly no
So funny and so true.

I am still amazed people are fooled into thinking Macs are worth they money they are paying for them.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
LividChihuahua

Steam forms are filled with idiots who have never touched a mac let alone shopped for a Mac or a Top Teir Gaming PC (Looking at you STARTSBarry). In any case leaving the pointless mac bashing aside...

Yes, this game will run on your 2010 MacBook Pro (assuming it's not the 13in) is it more than meets the requirements.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
mindgames

Ignoring the usual unhelpful trolling PC nerd-kiddies...

depends on the MacBook.
a Nvidea 320M from the 13"MBP will run the game ok at 800x600 at 40 to 60fps (PC Version under Bootcamp on a 13" MBP 2011 aka intel HD 3000) above 800x600 framerates will drop to 20 and below.
the 15" with a Nvidea GT330 will much better and at much higher resolutions.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
ddt529

Mac raaaaage! lol

I don't hate mac users, but I do find that the majority of them tend to be in the dark regarding their computer options. They just think that if it's Apple, it's awesome. So not the case.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #8
alexkbgr

my mac have a nvidia 9400... somebody try with this graphic card on macOs?
is below the mac requirements.
thanks
Old 04-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #9
STARSBarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LividChihuahua View Post
Steam forms are filled with idiots who have never touched a mac let alone shopped for a Mac or a Top Teir Gaming PC (Looking at you STARTSBarry). In any case leaving the pointless mac bashing aside...

Yes, this game will run on your 2010 MacBook Pro (assuming it's not the 13in) is it more than meets the requirements.
lololololol

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7672/compspecsw.jpg those 3.6Ghz are actualy overclocked to 4.8Ghz due to a corsair H80 water cooler

im sorry do the duel 580GTX's not count as top tier anymore? Good thing im upgrading to 680's soon, y,know when they come out

man that solid state drive i have SURE SUCKS for loading

but in macs defence, they definatly are faaaaar out of my budget I mean christ my PC cost half as much as your ty mac book did theres no way i could of afforded that im just Jelly and bitter

oh by the way the witcher is really good I enjoyed playing it on PC, in max all..... 5 years ago on my old rig that cost £400

however im pretty certain your macbook probably wont be able to run it, unless you upgrade to the new one.... no not the old new one, the new one that was released after the old new one came out like 2 months later that you paid £2000 for., and is going to be replaced by a new new one in 3 months time, but is still less powerfull than the average laptop in the £700 price range.... 3 years ago

Last edited by STARSBarry: 04-05-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #10
bobsbarricades

CDP IS AMAZING! just want to say thanks for this! Will spread the word! Are you on the app store? man it's so cool SOO COOOOOL!!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #11
Sambo110

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSBarry View Post
however im pretty certain your macbook probably wont be able to run it, unless you upgrade to the new one.... no not the old new one, the new one that was released after the old new one came out like 2 months later that you paid £2000 for., and is going to be replaced by a new new one in 3 months time, but is still less powerfull than the average laptop in the £700 price range.... 3 years ago
Go away you troll. An older Mac Mini would most likely run this game, and most Macbook Pros from the last few years would run it.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #12
Mike17032

So many angry PC kids around.

Some of us can afford to use nice computers. If you need to downgrade to a less reliable and much more poorly supported product because of budget reasons, I feel for you. It is ok though, not everyone can afford nice things.

I use bootcamp for gaming, and OSX for everything else. OSX is simply light years ahead of Windows in security, features, UI design, and support. If I call Apple, I speak to someone who also happens to speak english. There are even places I can take it to have someone from Apple look at it for free.

We couldn't care less how cheap your hand built PC box is, most Mac users are on laptops and no one is hand building those. Sure it might be cheaper to build your own "sports" car out of an 78 charger, but I am gonna pick the Ferrari every time.

I am a .net developer, so I know exactly how windows works and exactly why MS is always chasing Apples tail when it comes to quality and features.

My Hard Drive just failed, and I had to restore both Windows and OSX onto it. Thanks to Time Machine I had OSX up and running in 45 minutes with every file exactly in tact and where I left it, it even opened the movie I had been watching back up. Windows took a clean install with hours of patching, more hours of installing all my programs, and a phone call to Microsoft to get the thing to activate. That is just an example of how Apple stuff just works, while everything in windows is a pain in the .
Old 04-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #13
LiqMat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike17032 View Post

Some of us can afford to use nice computers. If you need to downgrade to a less reliable and much more poorly supported product because of budget reasons, I feel for you. It is ok though, not everyone can afford nice things.

I use bootcamp for gaming, and OSX for everything else. OSX is simply light years ahead of Windows in security, features, UI design, and support. If I call Apple, I speak to someone who also happens to speak english. There are even places I can take it to have someone from Apple look at it for free.

We couldn't care less how cheap your hand built PC box is, most Mac users are on laptops and no one is hand building those. Sure it might be cheaper to build your own "sports" car out of an 78 charger, but I am gonna pick the Ferrari every time.

I am a .net developer, so I know exactly how windows works and exactly why MS is always chasing Apples tail when it comes to quality and features.

My Hard Drive just failed, and I had to restore both Windows and OSX onto it. Thanks to Time Machine I had OSX up and running in 45 minutes with every file exactly in tact and where I left it, it even opened the movie I had been watching back up. Windows took a clean install with hours of patching, more hours of installing all my programs, and a phone call to Microsoft to get the thing to activate. That is just an example of how Apple stuff just works, while everything in windows is a pain in the .
I can restore a PC in 5 minutes flat with everything intact through various means (cloning, differential backup images, partition imaging) via a USB hard drive/SSD. Next...
Old 04-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
parkerjones

just downloaded and played through the tutorial portion... already half way through on my bootcamp WIN7 character - and it plays fine. I have everything on high - set at my native res of 2560 x 1440 full screen.

there's slight tearing now and then and the fps might not be quite as good as WIN7 - but certainly not in any way taking away from game play.

i'm on an iMac 2011 quad 3.4 2gb vram 16gb ram 1tb 7200rpm drive.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #15
BlueWaffel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike17032 View Post

I agree, macs are nice. Apple products in general are nice. But on a hardware level, what exactly on a mac is "nice"? The exterior. I personally don't like mac OS, you obviously do. But to be completely honest, if I want security, I'll use linux.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher, The