Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Heavy

Old 03-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Spy-bait

Primary idea: Olafs mighty sheild

So here is a promo idea I thought would be neat(Though we will probably never see it in game) The game it's based on is the lost vikings series... Anyways it would be a minigun replacement.

Olaf's Mighty Shield

Passive protection similar to FoS

Pressing M1 holds the shield over your head allowing your team to use it as a platform to walk/stand on. It also slows your fall if you use this while airborne like a parachute...

M2 gives you a poot(fart) jump(Basically allows double jump, that possibly stuns anyone hit by the downward shot of "poot")
Old 03-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
Toasty McBurny

My reaction.
Toasty McBurny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #3

i immediately thought of this
4812622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #4
ungulateman

Only if it lets him move at full speed in snow and gives him a +20% attack boost while it's snowing
ungulateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
Spy-bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungulateman View Post
Only if it lets him move at full speed in snow and gives him a +20% attack boost while it's snowing
Yeah sure, though since when does snow cause slowdown in TF2?
Spy-bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
ungulateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy-bait View Post
Yeah sure, though since when does snow cause slowdown in TF2?
I am making references to other video games

herpaderp
ungulateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
Spy-bait

Guess I missed which ones you were refering to then... That said what do you think of the idea as a "serious" one... Would it break gameplay?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #8
Brandicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungulateman View Post
This isnt advance wars Olaf, this is lost vikings olaf... the lovable shield wielding goof who glides and farts everywhere.

this is an awesome idea op, gives extra mobility to the heavy and his team. needs to be usable with shotty
Brandicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #9
Spy-bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandicus View Post
This isnt advance wars Olaf, this is lost vikings olaf... the lovable shield wielding goof who glides and farts everywhere.

this is an awesome idea op, gives extra mobility to the heavy and his team. needs to be usable with shotty
I figured on it being a primary replacement... So natually it would be the Heavies "Chargin' targe" only instead of charging around the battlefield he would be gliding into battle majestically with the medic mounted atop his shield, and unloading shotgun blasts before farting on demoknights head and filling him full of shotgun meat-shots. Glorious. (Just top it off with a viking hat that he can wear with the Santa beard and we have viking heavy...)

That said, Scout would get Eric's Hearty Helm, which is basically the chargin' targe for scout... And lastly, solder gets Baleog's Badass bow, which is basically the Huntsman with unlimited ammo and no headshots(But probably higher base damage). But really those ideas should probably be discussed separately.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #10
Brandicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy-bait View Post
I figured on it being a primary replacement... So natually it would be the Heavies "Chargin' targe" only instead of charging around the battlefield he would be gliding into battle majestically with the medic mounted atop his shield, and unloading shotgun blasts before farting on demoknights head and filling him full of shotgun meat-shots. Glorious. (Just top it off with a viking hat that he can wear with the Santa beard and we have viking heavy...)

That said, Scout would get Eric's Hearty Helm, which is basically the chargin' targe for scout... And lastly, solder gets Baleog's Badass bow, which is basically the Huntsman with unlimited ammo and no headshots(But probably higher base damage). But really those ideas should probably be discussed separately.
excellent ideas I do say my good sir. Now if only we could steal some of blizzards balancing we would have ze perfect game.
Brandicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Heavy