Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > MumboJumbo

Old 03-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
malcolmm

Control of Reaxxion paddle not smooth

I bought Reaxxion when it was 75% off, but after a few minutes of play I'm already regreting my purchase. The game seems like reasonable fun, but the gameplay, particularily the paddle movement isn't very smooth.

This results in me missing in play balls, which ruins the gameplay. I've got a powerful desktop PC that has no problem playing games like Fallout NV in high resolution. I've never bought a MumboJumbo game before, the games always looked like poor clones of classic games. Based on my experience with Reaxxion, that is exactly what they are.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
JoeSlow

I don't have any issues playing Reaxxion.

The paddle moves smooth and the game is very forgiving.
I often thought that I would have missed the ball, but I got it with the very edge of the paddle.
JoeSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
malcolmm

Not sure why it isn't very smooth for me. Having played the game a bit more, I have found I can somewhat ignore the control issues and still play the game.

But I still that is is a pity that a game that could have been excellent is only fair, at least on my pc.

Last edited by malcolmm: 03-16-2012 at 09:33 PM.
malcolmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
malcolmm

I've given the game a fair chance. It's goes into my "junk - not worth playing category".

Looking at the screen, I can see that the movement of the ball, as well as the paddle, is extremely jerky. It looks like the game is updating the graphics for the ball and paddle only a few times a second. This occurs with both high and low quality graphics, full screen and windowed mode.

Good concept, really poor execution.
malcolmm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > MumboJumbo