Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems

Old 03-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
Nerubasasin19

Banned
Need help getting Stereo Mix to appear on VAIO Windows 7!

I know that Sony teamed up with the music industry to help stop piracy blah blah, so I know that Stereomix/its equivalent is disabled. I've tried making it appear by making it show disabled devices in the sound control panel, and I've tried downgrading the Realtek HD Drivers (That's my soundcard) to no avail. Unless I'm supposed to UNinstall than install the older drivers?

I'm going to make an LP, and i definitely need to record the sound from the comp to make sure it works.

Thanks in advance, it's late as hell where I am and I'm going to sleep now .
Old 03-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
Bad_Motha

Banned
If you are certain it's Realtek HD. Uninstall what SONY provides (as they are usually outdated) and try the ones from Realtek's website for "Realtek HD Audio".

If you uninstall what SONY has provided and you are running Vista or Win7, these OS usually have a built-in driver for Realtek HD Audio. After the uninstall and reboot, let Windows install it's driver. After that is done, go ahead and try the one from Realtek's website and it will install overtop of the OS built-in drivers.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
Loopzz

I have a Toshiba laptop that I can not get stereo mix to work on. It has a Conextant soundcard so my case was different. What I have done is get Virtual Audio Cable http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm this works great for not only replacing the stereo mix but many other functions where I want to share the output of one program with several others. Worth the price imho!
Loopzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
Nerubasasin19

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Motha View Post
If you are certain it's Realtek HD. Uninstall what SONY provides (as they are usually outdated) and try the ones from Realtek's website for "Realtek HD Audio".

If you uninstall what SONY has provided and you are running Vista or Win7, these OS usually have a built-in driver for Realtek HD Audio. After the uninstall and reboot, let Windows install it's driver. After that is done, go ahead and try the one from Realtek's website and it will install overtop of the OS built-in drivers.
K, I'm going to try that than, I'll post whether it works or not. Wait, so after I uninstall and reboot, how will Windows know to update the drivers for the Audio? Would a notification show up as soon as I sign in?
Nerubasasin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
Nerubasasin19

Banned
bumpppp, kinda need help on uninstalling the drivers and installing the new ones.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
Bad_Motha

Banned
What do u need help with exactly?
It's pretty straight-forward.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:59 AM   #7
MmmBacon

You dont even need to update drivers.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532...-record-audio/
MmmBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
Nerubasasin19

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Motha View Post
What do u need help with exactly?
It's pretty straight-forward.
Well I get the uninstall driver bit, but what do I do after I reboot? Does Windows automatically give me a pop-up or something about getting the drivers for the Realtek HD sound card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmBacon View Post
You dont even need to update drivers.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532...-record-audio/
I already did try to make it show up by checking "Show disconnected and disabled devices", it's not there. And IDK which older driver I should install.

Last edited by rotNdude: 03-14-2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: learn how to use the edit feature
Old 03-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
Nerubasasin19

Banned
Found a way to get Stereo Mix, I had to install a driver from 2006, because apparently that's when people were still allowed to record from their speakers. Now, I'm trying to get that to work with CamStudio, but it's probably going to be a lot easier to fix that.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems