Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > Serious Sam 3: BFE

Old 03-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
Amy

Serious Sam 4: BFF

So when Croteam are gonna work on it? Is it already in production? xD.

Or do you guys want to see a Serious Sam 2 using more dark graphics, no cartoon and running on SE3?

My Steam wallet is ready in case i see another Croteam release/remake.

I really do hope a story DLC is planned or something lol.

Croteam, take more than my money... fill my credit card :P

Am i the only one who can't wait for another Croteam release?
Old 03-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
addictedto60fps

Croteam is pretty much the only developer that I know of that still makes what I call old school, arcade style fps, which happens to be my favorite type of fps. So, yes, I absolutely cannot wait for the next iteration of Serious Sam. Who knows, maybe they'll make a new IP. Maybe make a more serious fps, much like Doom. I would love to see Croteam tackle an fps styled after Doom.
addictedto60fps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
Solais

There's definitely a DLC in the works (that may contain a Tower Defense game mode), along with the console ports. I don't think they can work on a separate game alongside these projects, they are a pretty small group.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
PurSpyk!!

Serios Sam 2 should be redone, the original was a mess, poor humor, poor quality cutscenes, and the art direction was just too far from the original 2 games.
PurSpyk!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:26 AM   #5
harrygorder

Serious Sam 2 is the best game of the series objectively speaking, not that there are so many amateurs who look down their cartoon style graphics ... is the longest, the most varied, the most fun and all without losing the essence of the series, but as is the graphics which is as it seems that everyone hates ...

It is my opinion...
harrygorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
Solais

You can't say "objectively" speaking when you speak about your opinion, as it is an oxymoron.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
ComradeLenin

"objectively"
"my opinion"

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
ComradeLenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
MADDOGGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrygorder View Post
Serious Sam 2 is the best game of the series objectively speaking, not that there are so many amateurs who look down their cartoon style graphics ... is the longest, the most varied, the most fun and all without losing the essence of the series, but as is the graphics which is as it seems that everyone hates ...

It is my opinion...
BURN IT WITH FIRE!

Now that Croteam has given me the original classic SS2 on Steam as promised, in all it's spooffy, caricature-ishly cartoony silliness, missing the boatiness, I am content.

Now if they want to turn their hands to trying to make a "HD remake" that is more like Croteam originally envisioned, I'm all for that but quite honestly, I don't see much being left of SS2 by the time they got through turning it into a real SS game. If it's going to need that much work and it will be a lot of work. I mean how much can you change something and it still be a "HD remake" and not instead a totally different game?

I'd prefer they work on SS4 instead if it can only be one or the other. The one thing SS2 absolutely excels in is the variety of environments. No matter what they end up doing I hope the next in the series whether it be SS2.5 or SS4 it embraces a variety of environments. I love SS3 but I'm ready to say goodbye to the desert and the middle east for a good long while.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
Amy

Serious Sam 2 was ok, but with more serious graphic and sounds that could be a damm awesome game.
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #10
Damien_Azreal

Really? Serious Sam 3 just came out and people are already asking about Sam4.
Hell, Croteam haven't even gotten the console versions of Sam3 out the door yet. Nor have they really dived into future additional content for Sam3 (which they have hinted at doing).
Personally, I'd rather see them spend time updating and adding to Sam3, maybe a smaller side project (Sam2 remake) and giving themselves plenty of time to really think about where/how to take Sam4.
Damien_Azreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #11
MADDOGGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
Really? Serious Sam 3 just came out and people are already asking about Sam4.
Sure! we always do that with games we like or at least I do. Wondering what the next installment will be.

Quote:
Hell, Croteam haven't even gotten the console versions of Sam3 out the door yet.
Piff, Let them play Halo.

Quote:
Nor have they really dived into future additional content for Sam3 (which they have hinted at doing).
Looking forward to some DLC/mission pack whatever. Could do with some more MP maps as well. We will just have to wait though. Probably like you suggested after the console release after all Croteam isn't a huge company able to do lots of projects at one time.

Quote:
Personally, I'd rather see them <SNIP> giving themselves plenty of time to really think about where/how to take Sam4.
Well I wouldn't expect it for at least 4 years so I'm sure they will take their time and do it right.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #12
Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post
Croteam isn't a huge company able to do lots of projects at one time.
Exactly, but i think Croteam make more quality games than any compagny considered as "AAA" just because they are a rich/old compagny.
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #13
drill_sarge

What is BFF? Serious Sam 4: Best Friends Forever?

Sam + Mental in love...
drill_sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #14
MADDOGGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by drill_sarge View Post

Sam + Mental in love...
Mental is Sam's nickname for his ex.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #15
Samuliee

Quote:
Originally Posted by drill_sarge View Post

Sam + Mental in love...
Before.... Final Fight?

But yeah, if SS4 comes, I'm going to throw my wallet at Croteam.
Samuliee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > Serious Sam 3: BFE