Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 04:06 AM   #1
kont@ct
 
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 65
Posts: 51
Where is the setting fro FOV?

75 is way too small FOV and makes me feel sick. Why a max of 75? That is idiocy. How can I change it to 85+?
kont@ct is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:11 AM   #2
Mike Nomad
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Reputation: 47
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by kont@ct View Post
75 is way too small FOV and makes me feel sick. Why a max of 75? That is idiocy. How can I change it to 85+?
Don't be ill and stop calling names. ROGAME.INI

Found in:
C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config\

Last edited by Mike Nomad: 03-15-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Mike Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #3
daflipp
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 181
Posts: 862
Inside the ROGame.ini change "PlayerFOV=75.000000" to a desired value.
FYI changing this setting may impact your performance and lower FPS. That's why it was removed from the menu settings. Also changing settings in the menu may reset the FOV setting to 75 again. Writeprotect the file to avoid this happening.
daflipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
orlok
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 13
Hello all,

I've seen posts saying this only affects SP game not MP games.

I cannot perceive any difference, then again I may be doing it wrong.

Can anyone confirm?

Rgds

LoK
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
daflipp
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 181
Posts: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I've seen posts saying this only affects SP game not MP games.
I cannot perceive any difference, then again I may be doing it wrong.
Can anyone confirm?
Not that easy to get into the same spot and make comparision shots, but I tried it. Not sure if I got onto the exact same spot.

FOV 75

FOV 85
daflipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:33 AM   #6
kont@ct
 
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 65
Posts: 51
OK, thanks. They never removed setting for FOV, they just make the max 75, which on a widescreen monitor is tunnel vision. Any FPS with such a narrow field of view makes me feel nauseous so game developers need to think about us "sensitive" games more and always have FOV option beyond 75.
kont@ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #7
orlok
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflipp View Post
Not that easy to get into the same spot and make comparision shots, but I tried it. Not sure if I got onto the exact same spot.

FOV 75

FOV 85
Excellent, thank you!

rgds

LoK
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
stinkytaco
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 690
Posts: 1,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by kont@ct View Post
OK, thanks. They never removed setting for FOV, they just make the max 75, which on a widescreen monitor is tunnel vision. Any FPS with such a narrow field of view makes me feel nauseous so game developers need to think about us "sensitive" games more and always have FOV option beyond 75.

Errr, they are thinking about $$$, and that is all.

The UDK is the poorest designed engine on the market today. It started its life without AA, and ambient occlusion. And it still is about 1 year behind the times as far as new graphics card features are concerned.

The way it does not automatically stage to 16:9 when in a widescreen resolution like 1920x1080 is just moronic.

UDK was definitely designed for the console market of 2004-2005 NTSC tv sets that where stuck at 4:3 aspect ratio.

almost 5 years later, and they still do not support High definition TV aspect ratios.

My god! my old Playstation 2 could do 16:9 and 16:10. This is just unacceptable for any game engine today.
stinkytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
Stick Pin
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 4
Posts: 46
[QUOTE=daflipp;29762748]Not that easy to get into the same spot and make comparision shots, but I tried it. Not sure if I got onto the exact same spot.

Thanks for this daflip. Looks like you loose some detail at 85 it's all hazy.
Stick Pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #10
TAdams
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Reputation: 46
Posts: 539
The reason it was removed is that players with increased FOV's observed certain scenarios that allowed you to see through objects when getting up close to them. Seeing through walls and other obstacles is generally frowned upon.
TAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #11
kont@ct
 
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 65
Posts: 51
Perhaps so but making me feel like chucking my lunch is more frowned upon.
kont@ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #12
daflipp
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 181
Posts: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick Pin View Post

Thanks for this daflip. Looks like you loose some detail at 85 it's all hazy.
I think it was a smokegrenade, the place was filled with people at the time I took that screen. When I took the other screen the building was empty.
daflipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:24 AM   #13
Poerisija
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 39
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflipp View Post
Inside the ROGame.ini change "PlayerFOV=75.000000" to a desired value.
FYI changing this setting may impact your performance and lower FPS. That's why it was removed from the menu settings. Also changing settings in the menu may reset the FOV setting to 75 again. Writeprotect the file to avoid this happening.
Wrong. It was removed because it caused glitches with people being able to see through walls and fences with it. They couldn't fix it, so they just outright removed it. Like bandaging in classic.

TWI = bunch of amateur coders.
Poerisija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:54 AM   #14
daflipp
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 181
Posts: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poerisija View Post
Wrong. It was removed because it caused glitches with people being able to see through walls and fences with it. They couldn't fix it, so they just outright removed it. Like bandaging in classic.

TWI = bunch of amateur coders.
Wrong? Really?
daflipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:06 AM   #15
Poerisija
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 39
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflipp View Post
That's the official explanation they give. In practice, you can still set the FoV to 90 degrees and you can still wallhack with it.
Poerisija is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.