Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series

Old 03-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
glennboyer

AI technology

Is there any way to tell exactly how far along the technology trees the AIs are? Anyway to exchange maps?
Old 03-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
Cranial Vacancy

If you download the mod infoaddict you can see how many techs each civ has and lots of other information. I don't know of any way to see exactly what tech they are currently researching though. Map trading was removed in civ 5 and I am not aware of any mod that adds it.
Cranial Vacancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
Flozem

yep - that's one thing I am missing... charts... I love to compare charts once I've won the game.

I come from Call to Power 2 which, aside from the graphics, was very enjoyable too.
Flozem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
glennboyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranial Vacancy View Post
If you download the mod infoaddict you can see how many techs each civ has and lots of other information. I don't know of any way to see exactly what tech they are currently researching though. Map trading was removed in civ 5 and I am not aware of any mod that adds it.
Thank you. I am old and afraid of computer technology. Can you tell me how to download "infoaddict"?
glennboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
Cranial Vacancy

After intro go into mods>accept>browse mods>online. Then in the upper left do a search for infoaddict since there are 100's of mods. Go ahead and download it and then go back to the screen that shows the scenarios and mods you have for your game. There should then be an install button somewhere in the lower area to click which will install infoaddict. When installed you then need to enable it. Then you may need to start a new game for the mod to take effect, I am not certain. Make sure to start your new game by going into mods>single player>setup game and then also load any saves also within mods>single player>load saves since your now playing the mod.

Other mods I would recommend are:
Unofficial Patch and Vanilla Enhanced
Age Of Evolution
Holy Roman Empire Civ

The first is basically a community patch that fixes some bugs and things but doesn't change game play to drastically. Age of Evolution adds quite a bit of everything and has a list of additions. Holy Roman Empire just adds the civ led by Charlamagne.

Anyways have fun and let me know if you need anymore assistance getting any mods installed.
Cranial Vacancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
glennboyer

Thank you, Cranial Vacancy.
glennboyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series