Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Competitive Team Play and League discussion

Old 04-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #91
mustardoverlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by shehehe11 View Post
I really think the scout to watch this season will be Ruwin, not yz50.
yes

ruwin has the best movement in the game which is immediately obvious to anyone whos played him, also every one of his shots does maximum dmg for its range, hes ridiculous
mustardoverlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #92
Rg Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardoverlord View Post
yes

ruwin has the best movement in the game which is immediately obvious to anyone whos played him, also every one of his shots does maximum dmg for its range, hes ridiculous
OP nerf now. Played him in MGE after like a two week break, that didn't go well for me, but Idk I feel like yz hits "faster" like two shots in quick secession where another scout will put in 1. And for actual in game of feels like he gets "in the flow"(if you ever played scout you would sort of recognize it, I label parts where you just hit all your shots and kill 2-6 people in quick succession and it has a sort of motion to it. Maybe it is just a thing from quake, but like when you truly control blood run you basically are guaranteed 2-3 kills out of it, and that is what yz remind me of.) And he gets in it more often and can be devastating, though I've never ran into ruwiin outside of MGE and have very little memory of him in vods, demos casts etc.

Edit: I could be glorifying it or just sort of over exaggerating memories, but yz hits way to ing much in scout v scout and is just so damn useful playing mid defensively, or offensively.

Last edited by Rg Toad: 04-01-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Rg Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #93
clockw0rk

lol ben is not even close to being the best at scout vs scout like you're making him out to be. there are scouts like cyzer and moose who are much better at scout vs scout to the point where i can barely ever beat them at it. ruwin and yz50 also play a completely different playstyle so comparing them like you are is silly. if you want to watch a more passive scout who is really good at playing with his team as a group then you should watch ruwin. yz is good at that too but he and i play a much more in-your-face style that isn't really comparable.
clockw0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #94
mustardoverlord

ruwin's scout v scout (based on seeing him in mge) isn't nearly at the level of some passive scouts like cyzer or s on my chest, but he really excels in this deliberate dodging where he like actively tries to avoid incoming damage rather than just making himself hard to hit in general by being super jumpy like a yz50 or shrugger or something

he comes into fights with a lot of hp and can escape from really hairy situations, he just dies a lot less than other scouts without being ineffectual
mustardoverlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #95
Rg Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockw0rk View Post
lol ben is not even close to being the best at scout vs scout like you're making him out to be. there are scouts like cyzer and moose who are much better at scout vs scout to the point where i can barely ever beat them at it. ruwin and yz50 also play a completely different playstyle so comparing them like you are is silly. if you want to watch a more passive scout who is really good at playing with his team as a group then you should watch ruwin. yz is good at that too but he and i play a much more in-your-face style that isn't really comparable.
Yeah like i said i was probably way off and way over exaggerating it. Thanks for the correction,

And i'm just comparing them honestly can't say , about who is best don't have enough time on the class to truly analyze it. I can say who kills people and , but that doesn't mean he is making calls, or watching the flanks when he should etc etc.
Rg Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:49 PM   #96
PYYYOUR

Quote:
ruwin's scout v scout (based on seeing him in mge) isn't nearly at the level of some passive scouts like cyzer or s on my chest
Quote:
ruwin's scout v scout (based on seeing him in mge) isn't nearly at the level of some passive scouts like cyzer or s on my chest

Quote:

Quote:
hot mustid
PYYYOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #97
harbleu

Quote:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
harbleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #98
my_fist

Quote:
but he really excels in this deliberate dodging where he like actively tries to avoid going to LAN
Fix'd for you. I mostly kid
my_fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #99
atmosfär

Quote:
ruwin has the best movement in the game
better than stefan?
atmosfär is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #100
LIQUID`

What a silly argument, everyone knows the best scout is Carnage.
LIQUID` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #101
VickM

This turned into natf2 so ing fast.
VickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #102
PYYYOUR

HOT OFF THE PRESSES - GATHER ROUND PEOPLE - NEWS NEWS NEWS

HRG:
dante -> roamer
omar -> scout

Mixup:

weeble -> bench
Shrew -> Medic

Quantic:

oov -> quit
rumors: seagull, weeble, blackymonster, thefragile, ex.dion, bloodsire

Last edited by PYYYOUR: 04-03-2012 at 09:24 AM.
PYYYOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #103
my_fist

It is times like this I miss the MGE podcast. Need a RUMOR_MILL on NATF2
Old 04-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #104
mattyboyrocks23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYYYOUR View Post
HOT OFF THE PRESSES - GATHER ROUND PEOPLE - NEWS NEWS NEWS

HRG:
dante -> roamer
omar -> scout

Mixup:

weeble -> bench
Shrew -> Medic

Quantic:

oov -> quit
rumors: seagull, weeble, blackymonster, thefragile, ex.dion, bloodsire
Ohh, I love bloodsire when he offclasses ;D Though I wish he'd do it more... :/ Does he play 9v9 HL at all? I might see him with more utilities then XD

And Pure, how did you turn your graphics down so low? yz50 has insanely low graphics and I saw a vid from your POV (which also held lower-than-mine graphics). How did you do that? m0re's config? (I'm using Chris)

Also, I mge'd yz50. </3 *siiggghh... I wasn't even 3% good enough to warrant him Scout v Scout
mattyboyrocks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #105
my_fist

Ask him yourself, he is currently in the thread as LIQUID`

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Competitive Team Play and League discussion