Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Space series

Old 03-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
diogo_cme

Origin just "gave me" Dead Space 2, but....

...I already had it on Steam.

I don't recall getting any deals at Origin where I'd get a game for free. I'm sure I would remember that, specially if the game was Dead Space 2 which is a game I highly regard.

One day I launched Origin and there was Dead Space 2. Too bad I can't gift my "extra/dupped" copy to a friend.

Anyone else had this?
Old 03-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
Memphix

EA did a thing where Origin detected installed games with an active EA account and automatically added them to Origin.
Hundreds of tin-hat people freaked that Origin was 'scanning their computers' and they haven't done it since.

You didn't get a 'free copy', just another way to install/access the copy - with the same product code - that you had on Steam.
Memphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
diogo_cme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphix View Post
EA did a thing where Origin detected installed games with an active EA account and automatically added them to Origin.
Hundreds of tin-hat people freaked that Origin was 'scanning their computers' and they haven't done it since.

You didn't get a 'free copy', just another way to install/access the copy - with the same product code - that you had on Steam.
Yeah, the "free" copy Origin "gave me" - that's why I used quotes. Weird thing is that I have many other EA games that where not "migrated" to Origin.
diogo_cme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:54 AM   #4
Tryp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphix View Post

Objecting to having a game company scan your entire hard drive and transmit unknown items back to its home base for its own use, without your knowledge, is hardly what I'd consider "tin-hat" behavior.
Tryp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:24 AM   #5
Grock65

re:

Believe it or not signing up with origin im sure its written in that tos that hardly anyone bothers to read anymore kinda gives them permission to do so.
Grock65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #6
foocy.toocy

The primary reason I am unable to play BF3, can't agree with origin EULA or TOS. Such a shame too. Alot of my clan mates moved onto BF3.
foocy.toocy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Space series