Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 03-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Simon >:C

Serious issue with the trading subforum.

I enjoy looking through the trading subforums here. However, I have noticed a disturbing problem. A large number of forum-traders do one or both of the following on the stickied threads:
Use absolutely massive text sizes that serve minimal purpose except to annoy
Advertise every single item that's in their backpack, even on the completely unrelated threads.

For example, on the "Hats for Hats" thread, specifically page 58 (the most recent page that has been completely filled), I counted fourteen posts. Four of those listed more weapons than hats, and I'd guess that those four posts together were longer than the other ten posts on that page.

I'm okay if you list every item that you're trading, but please, restrict it to the relevant threads, and please use normal size text. If you have to, say "Also selling stranges/keys/weapons/whatever." If your inventory's seriously clogged, make your own thread if need be.

The page in question

To answer what will inevitably be said, yes, I use TF2outpost and TF2TP as well, but I like to see what other people are selling.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
LadyBernkastel

If it's an issue with the trading subforum, why the hell wouldn't you consider that this thread belongs there?
LadyBernkastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
Simon >:C

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBernkastel View Post
If it's an issue with the trading subforum, why the hell wouldn't you consider that this thread belongs there?
Because I'm certain that it would probably get shunted aside by the dozen-a-minute threads that actually are trading things.
Simon >:C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
The Mad Hatter

^ This is true. It'd be impossible to keep an actual content thread going before it was swallowed in the void of TEAM CAPTAIN FOR 7.55 REF. I've pointed this (OP's factoid) out a few times in the Hats thread as I was spruiking my own hats, it's mainly down to a few repeat offenders who copy+paste their entire post into every thread.

One actually had a list with basically every weapon in the game in bolded colour print, with an Ellis Cap all the way down the bottom in the Hats for Hats thread. I called him out on it but I was lost in the next huge post advertising a Fez for 3.66 ref... I mean really people!
The Mad Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
discrider

Just report them all for spam.
discrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2