Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
Rackk
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 8
Some info about - Trade Ban and Probation

Just wanted to ask for some information about that things.

With trade ban, you can not give items and cant receive also? Or is jst not giving away?

And how much the probation period last? And when it ends, the account ends up being as the "clean ones"?

Thanks, sorry for the english btw ^^
Rackk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
Fish-E
 
Fish-E's Avatar
 
Volunteer Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2008
Reputation: 5602
Posts: 5,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackk View Post
Just wanted to ask for some information about that things.

With trade ban, you can not give items and cant receive also? Or is jst not giving away?

And how much the probation period last? And when it ends, the account ends up being as the "clean ones"?

Thanks, sorry for the english btw ^^
Hi

I don't think you can give or receive items. Probation does not end but it doesn't stop you from trading.
Fish-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
Storm360
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 425
Posts: 1,025
You can send and recieve gifts I believe, but why you would want to with a person who has a flag against them for scamming escapes me
Storm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #4
Left4dead_DK
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 70
Posts: 30
You should never experience that, just trade honest.
I believe there should be done more than a trade ban, a ticket of 50 usd or something on top of it would seem fair to me, then maybe the scammers would stop.

It is stealing.. All other places you risk jail. I don't see why this should be any different.
The scammes know how easy it is to get away with there crime.
If they get banned they can simply open a new steam account.
Left4dead_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
Hajuzza
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 106
Posts: 487
I don't see why you would be asking this unless you have scammed or are planning to scam someone...
Hajuzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
Rackk
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 8
I have not scammed and wont do it. One of the members of my tf2 lan team got this, im posting because we are from latin america, and of all im the one with the "best" english.
Related to post: Trade Ban = no trade at all?
Probation lenght=forever?

Thanks for the support
Rackk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
random1guy
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 10
for first trade ban its 2 weeks ban and 3 months probation period
random1guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:47 AM   #8
IRA625
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 61
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-E View Post
Hi

I don't think you can give or receive items. Probation does not end but it doesn't stop you from trading.
Yes it does.

Generally 2-3 months after trade ban if no further reports are made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left4dead_DK View Post
You should never experience that, just trade honest.
I believe there should be done more than a trade ban, a ticket of 50 usd or something on top of it would seem fair to me, then maybe the scammers would stop.

It is stealing.. All other places you risk jail. I don't see why this should be any different.
The scammes know how easy it is to get away with there crime.
If they get banned they can simply open a new steam account.
right off with that. Most of these "scammers" just got the wrong end of the stick. And you don't see Valve doing anything about the honest cough SHARK cough traders

Last edited by IRA625: 04-04-2012 at 03:50 AM.
IRA625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #9
Jmcmatrixs
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 592
Posts: 700
2 weeks = First Trade Ban
3 month = Second Trade Ban
Perm = Third Trade Ban

No idea on probations.
Jmcmatrixs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #10
FaceRoller{EG}
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 5
Posts: 4
Just so you know its not always people who scam that get trade bans, I bought a 30$ game from steam which I couldn't play because I got a bad key.
Steam couldn't fix the problem and told me to take it up with the games support and they sent me back to steam. So I ended up just doing a reverse payment due to steam not wanted to give a refund. After that I ended up getting a trade ban. In the end its just a broken system when you have people like me with over 500$ worth of games on their account thousands of play hours and they cant refund a game that didn't work to begin with.
FaceRoller{EG} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #11
Nekomancer
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Reputation: 2623
Posts: 15,674
You did a chargeback?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Svwm_k9hYk

Seriously, only you are to blame for what happened afterwards. You don't solve issues with a game by stealing money.
Nekomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
Ruptur3
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 137
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceRoller{EG} View Post
Just so you know its not always people who scam that get trade bans, I bought a 30$ game from steam which I couldn't play because I got a bad key.
Steam couldn't fix the problem and told me to take it up with the games support and they sent me back to steam. So I ended up just doing a reverse payment due to steam not wanted to give a refund. After that I ended up getting a trade ban. In the end its just a broken system when you have people like me with over 500$ worth of games on their account thousands of play hours and they cant refund a game that didn't work to begin with.
Scamming = defrauding.

You tried to cheat the system,you deserve the trade ban you had.

Just because you had an issue with the game,you don't cheat to fix it.
Ruptur3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #13
zonkz
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 425
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruptur3 View Post
Scamming = defrauding.

You tried to cheat the system,you deserve the trade ban you had.

Just because you had an issue with the game,you don't cheat to fix it.
You just forgot to tell us how it should be done, right?
Lets start from the situation where both parties redirected the customer between each other.
zonkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #14
Satoru
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Reputation: 4325
Posts: 10,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonkz View Post
You just forgot to tell us how it should be done, right?
Lets start from the situation where both parties redirected the customer between each other.
It's HIGHLY unlikely this was the situation. Generally those who do this exaggerate or conveiently leave out critical details, and I suspect this is the case here as well.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2559533

Note the problem described here is NOTHING like "oh i lost $30 because of a bad cd-key"

Last edited by Satoru: 07-10-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #15
Justin_PC*Gamer
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Reputation: 76
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-E View Post
Hi

I don't think you can give or receive items. Probation does not end but it doesn't stop you from trading.
Incorrect. When someone is trade banned they cannot give nor receive. Some trade bans are permanent and others are not. It varies on the situation.
Justin_PC*Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.