Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mass Effect series

Old 03-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
Mistychan

Unhappy Mass Effect 3...when?

When will mass effect 3 hit steam? I'm waiting to buy it on steam....or has it already hit and been removed like Dragon age 2?
Old 03-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
BC2 Cypher

It won't come to steam, not ever.

Origin exclusive.

You can either suck it up and buy it if you really want to play the latest Mass Effect game or you can, you know... never play it I guess.
BC2 Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
Michael_IEU

Save the $$$, watch the crappy ending on youtube and tell EA to go "F" themselves by withholding a sale.
Michael_IEU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
SKiLLY2

Like the others said, there are no plans for it to be on steam, not ever.
SKiLLY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #5
Simian_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_IEU View Post
Save the $$$, watch the crappy ending on youtube and tell EA to go "F" themselves by withholding a sale.
Yup. It's not worth it. With the crappy ending they used, BioWare managed to butcher the series and alienate most of their fans. They also had day 1 DLC which was ON THE DISC at launch. Do yourself a favor and don't waste any money on ME3. You'll be glad in the end.

Last edited by Simian_: 03-19-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Simian_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:06 AM   #6
RaranTroff

Just buy it used from Gamestop or something for console. The game isn't worth 60 bucks, my bad 70 bucks if you want the full experience. At least buying it used EA doesn't see a dime of that, and wait like 4 to 6 months. You can prolly pick it up for 30 bucks. If you wait even longer you can prolly get a "snicker" GOTY edition for that price with all the dlc on the disc.

Others bring up a good point the crap ending prolly already has tons of used copies flooding Gamestop and such now. It may be just a month or so and you can get that nice 30 bucks or less price.

EA and Origin can rot in hell.

Last edited by RaranTroff: 03-20-2012 at 01:09 AM.
RaranTroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #7
KubanitoS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simian_ View Post
Yup. It's not worth it. With the crappy ending they used, BioWare managed to butcher the series and alienate most of their fans. They also had day 1 DLC which was ON THE DISC at launch. Do yourself a favor and don't waste any money on ME3. You'll be glad in the end.
The last 10 minutes suck, but this doesn't change the fact, that ME3 is an awesome game.
KubanitoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #8
ChevChelios

Banned
I really hate EA for doing this. Origin is crapy and they can't change that fact. I don't even play BF 3 anymore cuz can't stand Origin, but i would gladly play it on steam. EA don't care about customers, they care only about money...
ChevChelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #9
Fearless Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubanitoS View Post
The last 10 minutes suck, but this doesn't change the fact, that ME3 is an awesome game.
ME3 is an awesome shooter with occasional dual-branching dialogue choices, horrid animation, awful dialogue, and a linear story that pays little heed to previous player experiences.

ME2 was possibly my most played game in the last 10 years. I loved that game. Loved it.

ME3 has made me never want to play another Mass Effect game again.
Fearless Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #10
DragonFlyM13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_IEU View Post
exactly what i am doing, i got Mass Effect 1 and 2 on steam, 3 not on steam = No Sale...

i am not installing that malware program they call origin, piece of #@$%

And FFS people if you are gonna post spoilers use a fricking Spoiler Tag
DragonFlyM13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #11
Kanar

Can someone tell me why poeple hate so much Origin ? I got me3 and bf3 on Origin and i cant find a single freaking problem. I really dont understand this hate about Origin.
Kanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #12
Fearless Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanar View Post
Can someone tell me why poeple hate so much Origin ? I got me3 and bf3 on Origin and i cant find a single freaking problem. I really dont understand this hate about Origin.
As of right now, there are little issues with the platform. The privacy and intrusion issues have been dealt with, and the thing runs even more stable than Steam for me.

It's more of an anti-EA/change thing, I think, plus a little brand loyalty.
Fearless Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #13
Ensiferum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Fox View Post
ME3 is an awesome shooter with occasional dual-branching dialogue choices, horrid animation, awful dialogue, and a linear story that pays little heed to previous player experiences.

ME2 was possibly my most played game in the last 10 years. I loved that game. Loved it.

ME3 has made me never want to play another Mass Effect game again.
That's the kind of overreaction that make game developers laugh at their fans from their lofty cushioned chair.

If you ever want to be taken seriously by anyone slightly mature, try being objective. Your personal opinion, even though it is very informative, remains, well, very subjective.

I was a little disappointed myself by ME3 and maybe at some point while I was raging against a stupid line in the dialogue or a crappy gameplay, I might have gone AWOL and bashed the game like you did.

The difference is that I did not post it on a forum, misinforming other people about what they could expect of the game.

Mass Effect 3 is an excellent game well above most other Action RPGs out there. He's easily on par with DE:HR but still a bit shadowed by The Witcher 2's story quality and interaction.
Its TPS gameplay has been largely upgraded compared to ME2 where you had the mobility of a rusty WW2 battle tank, but its dialogue and options are somewhat inferior to ME2's.
Also exploration became almost non-existant which is truly my main beef against this game.

Still, if you like the Mass Effect universe (I love it), you have to play this game. The ending IS sort of disappointing and feels largely half-a5sed.
Ensiferum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #14
Ninja144

I watched a 'lets play' of it on youtube. I had bougt it if it had been released on steam. Ah well, that's EA's loss
Ninja144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #15
Mistychan

Okay so the problem with origin is that they want it to "take off" and "over take" steam. Infact they are constently upgrading it to do just that. and as their tech support agents love to say "You can add friends and chat with them, and we have a large selection of non-EA games for sale as well". Its not about brand loyalty or not liking change its about why the hell would anyone want 2 identical programs on their pc? its just a waste of space. 2 identical programs, both wasting CPU and RAM so you can play 2 different game. for EA its about money and not about the user.
Mistychan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mass Effect series