Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 03-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
jd18b

Steam isn't launching for me

I went to start up Steam the other day and nothing happened. I've tried everything from checking the compatibility, checking my task manager processes, uninstalled Steam and reinstalled and even tried deleting the clientregistery.blob. So then I figured it had something to do with my anitvirus. I use avast, so I uninstalled it, reinstalled Steam, tried to lauch Steam and nothing again. I haven't the slightest idea what the hell is going on. If any of you know ANYTHING that could help me that would be great.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
TeKraken

is it showing up in the task manager?

edit**

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...3352-RYON-4107

Last edited by TeKraken: 03-20-2012 at 02:37 PM.
TeKraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
BowedYapper

I have had this issue in the past, but I was always able to get it working by deleting everything in my steam folder apart from steamapps and the steam.exe

I doubt this will work for you, since you say you have reinstalled steam already, so there is an underlying problem.

Has any hardware or software been added to your computer recently?

And what exactly happens when you launch steam, does the process even try to open and how long roughly it stays open, check task manager processes tab to check.

By the way, are you using Windows or Mac?
BowedYapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
jd18b

Quote:
I have had this issue in the past, but I was always able to get it working by deleting everything in my steam folder apart from steamapps and the steam.exe

I doubt this will work for you, since you say you have reinstalled steam already, so there is an underlying problem.

Has any hardware or software been added to your computer recently?

And what exactly happens when you launch steam, does the process even try to open and how long roughly it stays open, check task manager processes tab to check.

By the way, are you using Windows or Mac?
I'm running Windows 64bit. The last thing I installed was Skyrim back in November. As to Hardware no.

When I launch Steam it try's to load it up. I know this because the little circle thing appears next to my pointer. Then, nothing.

So I tried launching Steam and watching the Processes tab in Task Manager. When I do that I see a Image name pop up that says steamerrorreport.exe*32. Its description states "buildbot_winslave04_steam_steam_rel_client_win32@ win...."

Does this mean it has something to do the me using 64bit? I thought it didn't matter...Like I said it has been working fine since I built this computer. Never any problems until now.
jd18b is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips