Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mutant Storm: Reloaded

Old 03-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
Yessik Ziiiq

A Mutant Storm Reloaded Review.

If you had it in a double or triple pack with the other games it would have been better. Or if there was a demo version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVSc4wkCnmc

Pom Pom Studio has since listened to my complaints and are changing the game to suit : ) Here's the game how they want it to be played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DukpuaKnr9A

Last edited by Yessik Ziiiq: 03-23-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
Zoyx

I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I have already put in 90 minutes on this, and expect many more hours. Totally worth the price.
Zoyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
Yessik Ziiiq

Best to have both oppinions on here anyways : )
Yessik Ziiiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
BongPig

Pom Pom Games
Yessik,

Did you play the game on white belt? Try playing on Green. White belt is for twin-stick shooter novices. That's why it sees so unchallenging and dull watching you playing in the video.

Maybe we should have made that clear. White belt is what we consider *very* easy.
BongPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
Yessik Ziiiq

I played on the setting that the game put me on, when I choose a setting I choose medium or hard, so unless your game defaults to white belt I wasn't playing on it. I'm sorry that the review wasn't entirely in your favor but judging by the comments the game does appeal to a decently large demographic and you will be getting a decent amount of sales despite the one negative review. Hell it's better then anything I could do.

I played the game again and tried to change the difficulty, apparently it's based on your performance, so I played a few levels and it was still easy, may I recommend changing it so that you can select your difficulty at the beginning of play. If that change is made I'll redo the review : )

Last edited by Yessik Ziiiq: 03-22-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #6
Zoyx

For adventure mode, there is only one setting that I can see.

In Tally mode you can change the difficulty. Black Belt kicks your .
Zoyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
Yessik Ziiiq

Ahhh my problem is I always play adventure mode, I usually assume that it's the main game mode. I'll check it out and see if I'd like to change my review.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:18 AM   #8
BongPig

Pom Pom Games
Yessik. You are right. We only have white belt unlocked when you first play. We'll be doing an update soon that unlocks the first 4 belts, to allow you to play on a higher difficulty. Hope that'll help make the game more exciting for you!

Steam have yet to upload a video trailer. Heres the one we made that shows the game in action once it hots up:

This is the kind of pace the game likes to be played at. It was a mistake on our part to limit first time players to white belt.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #9
Yessik Ziiiq

Thank you for listening, I'll re review the game when I notice the patch come out : ). Changing the first post now to more fairly portrait your game.

Last edited by Yessik Ziiiq: 03-23-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #10
Lurpsukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BongPig View Post
Yessik. You are right. We only have white belt unlocked when you first play. We'll be doing an update soon that unlocks the first 4 belts, to allow you to play on a higher difficulty. Hope that'll help make the game more exciting for you!

Steam have yet to upload a video trailer. Heres the one we made that shows the game in action once it hots up:

This is the kind of pace the game likes to be played at. It was a mistake on our part to limit first time players to white belt.
Oh, so my work towards unlocking the green belt (4th difficulty) already has gone down the drain

Well at least I got to know the levels a bit more
Lurpsukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #11
BongPig

Pom Pom Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurpsukka View Post
Oh, so my work towards unlocking the green belt (4th difficulty) already has gone down the drain

Well at least I got to know the levels a bit more
Sorry Lurpsukka.

Theres still gonna be a few belts to unlock!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
Lurpsukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BongPig View Post
Sorry Lurpsukka.

Theres still gonna be a few belts to unlock!
Will everyone get the achievements for the first unlocked three belts? Makes no sense to put those achievements in the first place.
Lurpsukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:01 AM   #13
BongPig

Pom Pom Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurpsukka View Post
Will everyone get the achievements for the first unlocked three belts? Makes no sense to put those achievements in the first place.
One thing at a time Lurpsukka!
We'll discuss the achievements next week and see what we can do about it.

When we made the game originally for Xbox, twin-stick shooters were not as common as they are today. We had to make the game initially very easy to cater for those who are getting to grips with it. However, people are far more trained nowadays. We should have anticipated people would find it a bit easy!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mutant Storm: Reloaded