Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Frozen Synapse

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
Cipe
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 175
Posts: 195
Question about the 22/03/2012 update

Quote:
Frozen Synapse Update Released
Product Update - Valve
* New Ending
Frozen Synapse has a brand new ending for a limited time only.
* Credit Music Fixed
The correct music now plays during the closing credits.
How long is this "limited time"?
Cipe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
bobsbarricades
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Reputation: 566
Posts: 4,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipe View Post
How long is this "limited time"?
no idea. never actually beat the single player! hard to believe I know.

Went on the blog and couldn't find anything - have they released the 2v2 or 2vAI mode (whichever was picked)
bobsbarricades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
Cipe
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 175
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsbarricades View Post
no idea. never actually beat the single player! hard to believe I know.

Went on the blog and couldn't find anything - have they released the 2v2 or 2vAI mode (whichever was picked)
I haven't finished the single player mode yet either. I guess it's time for me to play it to see this limited time ending.
Cipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
Sinonim
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Reputation: 36
Posts: 349
i think this is the answer

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...-indie-effect/
Sinonim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
Cipe
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 175
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinonim View Post
Thank you!
+ rep
Cipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
AmericanSoldier
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 2
Posts: 41
"If you're unwilling to complete the singleplayer campaign to see the new conclusion, you can do the following instead:

Open console with `
playCutscene(alternate);
Close the console with '
AmericanSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #7
jimrad1
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Reputation: 282
Posts: 1,059
This should of been an option not pushed out even temporary. Some of us just bought the thing, and would like to see the original ending. Now Im setting this aside until it reverts back to the original. Sometimes its just not worth getting your name in the news just to do it. Its a classic as is, why screw with it and your customers. At least make it an option to see an alternate ending. I think most people playing or still playing would rather wait till this little reach for news headlines is over with. Its a classy game, why go the low ball route and cheese it up? Stupid if you ask me.
jimrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #8
HoosTrax
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Reputation: 59
Posts: 424
Would what be great is if instead of doing that, they fixed the showstopping bug in the Endgame campaign mission that causes an automatic Lose for no reason in a lot of situations.

According to Astats, I'm one of only 13 people who have managed to complete the SP campaign (legitimately), and I only managed to do it after replaying Endgame over and over until I found a path that doesn't trigger the bug.
HoosTrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
uqrax
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Reputation: 7
Posts: 72
Exactly, since when is it actually possible to even finish the campaign? The last dozen times I played the final mission it resulted in my vatforms disappearing, them being resurrected from the grave, me controlling the red team instead of my own , and most importantly: frequent crashes.
uqrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #10
carlh267
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 228
Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad1 View Post
This should of been an option not pushed out even temporary. Some of us just bought the thing, and would like to see the original ending. Now Im setting this aside until it reverts back to the original. Sometimes its just not worth getting your name in the news just to do it. Its a classic as is, why screw with it and your customers. At least make it an option to see an alternate ending. I think most people playing or still playing would rather wait till this little reach for news headlines is over with. Its a classy game, why go the low ball route and cheese it up? Stupid if you ask me.
He's making a statement about the overly whiny gaming community that thinks they are entitled to another ending because the original one was too "horrible" for them.

Pretty smart if you ask me. He's making a bold statement, I applaud him for it.
carlh267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #11
chimpdaddy
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 8
Posts: 59
he has also wrecked his ability be signed up to a major publisher, bioware is owned by EA.

like it or not, games are not used for artistic integrity, they are used to make money, that's it, no if's or but's,

if it was the other way round do you honestly believe they would care about piracy or 2nd hand sales.

its money and nothing else. we live in a consumer society, the consumer dictates how the market moves.

if we dont like a game we tell people and no-one buys it.
devs and publishers need to go out their way to keep us as games are not essential so we can just "not buy it, if we dont like it".

all he's done is messed his selling power because people have hurt his pride, in the grand scheme of money making, hes lost, big style.
chimpdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #12
BisonHero
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpdaddy View Post
he has also wrecked his ability be signed up to a major publisher, bioware is owned by EA.

like it or not, games are not used for artistic integrity, they are used to make money, that's it, no if's or but's,

if it was the other way round do you honestly believe they would care about piracy or 2nd hand sales.

its money and nothing else. we live in a consumer society, the consumer dictates how the market moves.

if we dont like a game we tell people and no-one buys it.
devs and publishers need to go out their way to keep us as games are not essential so we can just "not buy it, if we dont like it".

all he's done is messed his selling power because people have hurt his pride, in the grand scheme of money making, hes lost, big style.
Wow, do you really think that games don't have artistic integrity, because they take time and money to create? It's honestly just sad that that's all you see when you look at video games and their place in the world.

Also, there is no chance that any major publisher would be bothered by or even notice the temporary joke in the ending. And for all I know, the developers may not even be interested in working with major publishers, and may be satisfied with continuing to make the types of games they currently make.
BisonHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Frozen Synapse


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.