Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Majesty series

Old 03-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
dmlayton

What multiplayer method have you found most successful - (Majesty Gold HD)?

My friend and I both own copies of the game on Steam, and spent a good amount of time yesterday trying to get the multiplayer working. The reason I wanted to make this thread was because it seemed like everyone had their own way of getting it to work (either via Hamachi, Gamespy, Tunngle, etc).

We eventually got it working over TCP/IP LAN with Tunngle (the other methods we couldn't even get to where we could see the game in the lobby), and even then it was only reliable half of the time. It seemed to work more often after turning UPnP off, but that may just be coincidence. I'm hoping gameranger will officially support the HD version - as I was unable to get it to recognize the HD edition as the normal game.

So, anyways, I wanted to ask you guys what methods you've tried and how much success you've had with them.

Also, if anyone has any questions about how the method I used, I'd be more than happy to walk you through it.

Last edited by dmlayton: 03-23-2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typos and grammar
Old 05-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
Gwyndrel

Glad someone else made a post about this as I am dying to play Majesty 1 again with a buddy. I actually have NO idea how to set it up and gamespys service SUCKS it always says I need files and that its DLing them but it never does. SO a computer illiterate step by step on how you got it to work would be awesome!
Gwyndrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
PsychoPsymon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlayton View Post
My friend and I both own copies of the game on Steam, and spent a good amount of time yesterday trying to get the multiplayer working. The reason I wanted to make this thread was because it seemed like everyone had their own way of getting it to work (either via Hamachi, Gamespy, Tunngle, etc).

We eventually got it working over TCP/IP LAN with Tunngle (the other methods we couldn't even get to where we could see the game in the lobby), and even then it was only reliable half of the time. It seemed to work more often after turning UPnP off, but that may just be coincidence. I'm hoping gameranger will officially support the HD version - as I was unable to get it to recognize the HD edition as the normal game.

So, anyways, I wanted to ask you guys what methods you've tried and how much success you've had with them.

Also, if anyone has any questions about how the method I used, I'd be more than happy to walk you through it.
How did you get it to work over tunngle?
PsychoPsymon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #4
IcyHum

Use GameRanger. Rename MajestyHD.exe to Majesty.exe
GameRnger accaunt: Aphelion id:3119038

Last edited by IcyHum: 08-05-2012 at 07:00 AM.
IcyHum is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Majesty series