Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Majesty series

Old 03-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
Karthis

Multiplayer Doesn't Work (Majesty Gold HD)?

I've tried several solutions to this problem, but I can't seem to ever get multiplayer working. I've tried setting up Hamachi, setting Hamachi's network as the priority and I still can not see my friend's game, nor can he see mine. Neither of us have firewalls active.

I only bought this and another copy to play with a friend, so far its looking like a complete waste of $20... if I wanted a single-player experience I'd play 2.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #2
dmlayton

I had similar issues with Hamachi, but have had limited success with Tunngle. It's basically like Hamachi, but with a network list built in (you can still make your own private network, though).

At the very least we can see each other's games, even if we aren't able to connect 100% of the time.
dmlayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
palidinsalim

When Majesty first came out it did its Multiplayer through GameSpy. With the new HD port, it may still use GameSpy to do its Multiplayer.
palidinsalim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #4
dmlayton

This may sound like a dumb question, but how do you get Gamespy to work with Majesty?

I have Gamespy Comrade (the free edition), and all I can seem to do is launch Majesty from Gamespy, but it doesn't help overcome any of the multiplayer hurdles. Like, when launching the game from Gamespy, I might as well have just double-clicked on the Majesty HD icon on my desktop.

Clicking on the "Play over the Internet on Gamespy Arcarde" multiplayer option it just closes the game and directs you to a gamespy download page.

Maybe I'm missing some "launch as multiplayer" functionality within Gamespy that lets you create a room before launching the game, and puts you all into the same in-game Majesty lobby - but I don't see it.
dmlayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #5
Karthis

I dunno, thinking about asking Steam for a complete refund here soon. I didn't get everything the game states works. I shouldn't have to do work myself to get multiplayer to work. Still can't get it to work either.
Karthis is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Majesty series