Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Prince of Persia series

Old 03-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
grumblecakes

Difficulty levels affect what? (Two Thrones vs. Warrior Within)

Does anyone know what aspects are affected by difficulty (normal, easy, hard)? I assume enemies are weaker and do less damage. Anything else?

I'm asking because I finished playing Warrior Within and didn't like it at all, partly because I found it difficult with the lack of save spots and large amounts of battles with ty stripper ninjas. I don't recall having those problems when playing SoT. I'm thinking of playing TT on easy setting but I need to know what it does first...

Last edited by grumblecakes: 03-30-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Charu

From someone that played Warrior Within and then to Two Thrones, I can safely say they toned down the difficulty SUBSTANTIALLY in the third game.

For the better I say. You still have those frustrating moments, but no where as near the second game spitted out.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:41 AM   #3
grumblecakes

Thanks! I've actually already started playing the game on easy and it's so so much better than WW. I totally agree they toned down the difficulty and I probably would have done just fine on normal difficulty. Speed kill mean that fighting most enemies is more like a puzzle now, there are more fountains and auto saves, the prince is back to being a compelling character and most importantly, I don't get the feeling the developers hate me like I did in WW.

Since nobody answered my question, I will say that on easy difficulty, the occasional face to face battle is quite easy (too easy?) and you don't take much damage even if you get hit a lot. Also, when you die and choose try again, you will be respawned with full health, which means no more trying the same segment over and over again with only a sliver of health left. I have no idea if Normal/Hard difficulties have that feature.
grumblecakes is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Prince of Persia series