Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Defenders of Ardania

Old 03-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
Lexinator

Thumbs down Wow, this game is really bad. Just get Dungeon Defenders or Sol Survivor.

Seriously, stay away. The game is boring, glitchy and stale compared to some of the other TD titles out there.

I am a big fan of Paradox titles but DoA is a joke. I can honestly say that I had more fun with Desktop Tower Defense than I did with this.

I bought it because I absolutely love Majesty AND tower defense games, but even so I just can't justify the $10 purchase.

Sanctum, Dungeon Defenders, and Sol Survivor are all superior games with better multiplayer and gameplay.

Defense Grid is also a much better title but there is no multiplayer.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #2
©λεєrio

I got all of the mentioned TD's. I must say that all of them have a unique approach to the genre (in exception of maybe Sol Survivor and Defense Grid). They are all really good TD's. I also found Defenders of Ardania a really fun game with it's unique approach, being a Tower Offense as the devs are calling it.

Too bad the multiplayer is completely empty and it's hard to turn that around, maybe with some cheap/FREE! DLC's adding bigger maps and promises of improvements. The campaign was nice, it got really hard at the end, which it should have. But yeah, multiplayer gotta get fixed or this game won't get far.
©λεєrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
Devil Man X

To be honest I think the biggest problem is the price point. You can get Defenders of Ardania or Dungeon Defenders for the same $15. Why would you choose Ardania over Dungeon Defenders? You can't come out with just another basic Tower Defense game and price it at the same point as something that is original and much loved. Not if you want to sell copies anyway. I would have bought Ardania on the day of release if it had been $10 instead of $15. Just sayin.
Devil Man X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
Lexinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Man X View Post
To be honest I think the biggest problem is the price point. You can get Defenders of Ardania or Dungeon Defenders for the same $15. Why would you choose Ardania over Dungeon Defenders? You can't come out with just another basic Tower Defense game and price it at the same point as something that is original and much loved. Not if you want to sell copies anyway. I would have bought Ardania on the day of release if it had been $10 instead of $15. Just sayin.

I bought it for $10 from GmG. But I don't think it's worth $10. The single player campaign was short & easy, and the multiplayer is non existent. I guess I got my moneys worth ($10 isn't much after all), but after playing Dungeon Defenders, I just don't see the point of Defenders of Ardania.
Lexinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:02 AM   #5
BadMojo

I bought for $10 just to hear sean connery live again
BadMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
Lexinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMojo View Post
I bought for $10 just to hear sean connery live again
Oh, lol well then, money well spent
Old 04-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #7
Dethstar

Agree with the Original poster. This company just dont seem to be able to write a game with any depth to it. Extremely boring.

I dont agree with the price point observation myself. This game would not be worth downloading even if it was free.
Dethstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:55 AM   #8
Lexinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethstar View Post
Agree with the Original poster. This company just dont seem to be able to write a game with any depth to it. Extremely boring.

I dont agree with the price point observation myself. This game would not be worth downloading even if it was free.
No way, Paradox is usually awesome. Or do you mean MWE? This is the only game of theirs that I have played, so I can't comment on that.

This is why I was so disappointed. Paradox is usually awesome and so is Majesty, but this game just sucks (compared to others in the genre).

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Defenders of Ardania