Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Ys Series

Old 04-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #16
shmyazoo

I didn't have trouble with the boss either SPOILERS ahead:

Just shot one fireball in the crystal thing after going up in the ice platform, then a series of fireballs in the glowing red weak spot, repeat 2 or 3 times and I was done with that phase.

Maybe you're underleveled or undergeared? Because levels can make a HUGE difference in this game.
shmyazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #17
Saijin_Naib

Foreign Legion: BoB forum
Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmyazoo View Post
I didn't have trouble with the boss either SPOILERS ahead:

Just shot one fireball in the crystal thing after going up in the ice platform, then a series of fireballs in the glowing red weak spot, repeat 2 or 3 times and I was done with that phase.

Maybe you're underleveled or undergeared? Because levels can make a HUGE difference in this game.
Fully upgraded, fully leveled equipment, level 53. No, its not that. I was just making the mistake that a gameplay mechanic established & used throughout the ENTIRE GAME would still be true for the final boss battle. My mistake.
Saijin_Naib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #18
shmyazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
Fully upgraded, fully leveled equipment, level 53. No, its not that. I was just making the mistake that a gameplay mechanic established & used throughout the ENTIRE GAME would still be true for the final boss battle. My mistake.
What do you mean by established mechanic? The charged fireball dealing more damage? Because if it's that I didn't think of it that way, I thought the charged fireball was just a different way of using the skill (at least regarding boss fights). Take that boss with the horizontal and vertical discs, the second boss I believe. Fireballs keep scaling in damage, so the 2nd will do more damage than the 1st, the 3rd does more damage than the 2nd and on and on... so if you have the time, throw lots of fireballs, if you can't, just throw a charged one.

If you don't mean this mechanic, ignore my post!
shmyazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #19
Kyithios

What he means is that even charged up, the fireball does the same amount of damage. Which makes it pretty worthless and a waste of potential shots.

Honestly that part I can agree with, but for the rest, not so much...The boss fight itself is amazingly well planned and done; a charged fireball should only be used to hit the targets that take precision normally. In the first phase that is. Second phase and on should likely be done simply with the terra bracelet, really.

I'm level 51, and not having much problem.
Kyithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #20
Saijin_Naib

Foreign Legion: BoB forum
Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyithios View Post
What he means is that even charged up, the fireball does the same amount of damage. Which makes it pretty worthless and a waste of potential shots.

Honestly that part I can agree with, but for the rest, not so much...The boss fight itself is amazingly well planned and done; a charged fireball should only be used to hit the targets that take precision normally. In the first phase that is. Second phase and on should likely be done simply with the terra bracelet, really.

I'm level 51, and not having much problem.
Yeah, once I gave up on the charged shot aspect I finished it without too much difficulty. Didn't even need the Spirit Necklace.

Game was pretty decent overall. Glad I played it.
Saijin_Naib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #21
Kyithios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
Yeah, once I gave up on the charged shot aspect I finished it without too much difficulty. Didn't even need the Spirit Necklace.

Game was pretty decent overall. Glad I played it.
You'll enjoy Origin much more, when it's available.
Kyithios is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Ys Series