Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source Level Design

Old 03-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
FASTSWiTCH

CS:GO mapping config

Hello folks,

i was trying to start mapping for CS:GO. I got a 3 year expierence with Source SDK, unfortunately, you are not able to create maps in it for CS:GO, you´ll need to use the Alien Swarm SDK.

Well, i started with this little hint:

Quote:
It's better to use the Alien Swarm SDK, as they are closer to the tool versions used by Valve in-house. In order to get it working, download the swarm SDK and then launch it. Then double click "edit game configurations" and add a new config called CS:GO.

Simply add the path to your CS:GO install then hit OK; the path will look something like "Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo", it's crucial that you include the csgo subdirectory at the end.

You'll then need to restart the swarm SDK to make your config take effect, then select it at next startup to start mapping.

Just be aware that you won't be able to add the CS:GO specific entities as we don't have the FGD, but you can configure Hammer to point to your CS:S FGD if you like, as I suspect that most of the entities will at least share names. (Tools -> Options)

Now, my problem:

I cannot compile any maps, regardless if its just a map with a simple box in it or a unedited decompiled map. There must be some general setting problem in the alien swarm sdk, because i am able to compile every map file in Source SDK with CS:S settings.

Well, alien swarm complains that there is a leak in the map. This can´t be, decompiled maps get that error too and as i said before, Source SDK compiles without any problems or reporting a leak.

This is my short error log: http://pastebin.com/qjzBFiD3

And this is my Config: http://minus.com/mbmqw2kq1n/2

Anybody here with a little hint?

Thanks and regards, Fastswitch
Old 04-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
Remer

I know your issue. Create a box around your entire map and tie it to a func_brush. Name the brush "structure_seal". Try compiling again.
Remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
Chris528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remer View Post
I know your issue. Create a box around your entire map and tie it to a func_brush. Name the brush "structure_seal". Try compiling again.
That's not really an ideal solution for a game like csgo, as the whole map will end up being drawn at the same time. You can simply open the expert compile settings , go to $bsp_exe and delete the parameter "-alldetail". The map should then compile like normal.
Chris528 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source Level Design