Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Luxor series

Old 03-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
ProgenitorX

Cannot run various Luxor games

I'm having issues running Luxor 3, Luxor: The 5th Passage, Luxor: Amun Rising, and Luxor: Quest for the Afterlife. The games will not launch at all. I've set them to compatibility mode with Windows XP SP2 and added the Steam folder to my PATH for the missing Steam.dll error. Does anyone know anything else that could help get these games to work? I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
Rodolfo1417

Having the exact same issue with Windows 7 32 bits. Onlyh add to the list Luxor and Luxor 2. I was hot pottatoed between the developers support and steam support, each claiming the other party is at fault. I did download the demos from the game´s website, and the demos run just fine, for every single game. Its only the steam version that isnt working for me. Anyone else having this issue?
Rodolfo1417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
Mad Elf

Fixed!

Bump

I heard that Luxor 2 wouldn't work when I upgraded to Windows 7, but all the other versions worked fine.

Then just last week I tried 1, 2, 3, Amun Rising, and Quest for the Afterlife, and none of them worked. All immediately exited with no messages, though if I retried one of them soon after the first attempt it did the usual "Steam can't play this as it's already open" thing.

However, I have managed to fix it. I used the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache..." option in the Properties dialog, and they now all run as expected, ie. Luxor 2 spits the dummy, insisting that it needs Win98 SE or better, and all the others run fine.

However 3 and Quest appear to have lost my saved games...
Mad Elf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Luxor series