Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gettysburg: Armored Warfare

Old 03-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
xTeeter

OFFICIAL I enjoy Gettysburg: Armored Warfare Thread

Yes, there are quite a few bugs that need to be ironed out, but I sure do enjoy it!

Good work and keep up the good job. I'm happy my $10 went towards a one man dev and look forward to bug fixes and mod/mapping support!

/sign this thread and give a few sentences on why you enjoy it. Poor Dan is getting hammered by trolls. Yes, some are valid complaints, and some people might feel "ripped off", but if they did any research they would have seen the state of the game.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
epicsaxguy

I really think this game is fun, me and my friend played the hell out of it on my friends computer before i got it, well spendt money!

It's pretty basic game, but a one man army made it.
It's really fun to play, i love the ''old'' units and the direct control.

With Dan taking suggestions and already doing mod/dlc's im happy to support him, even if my money dont make a huge difference.

When the patch is out im going to enjoy it even more.
epicsaxguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
lessthandan

I decided to purchase the game today. I'm excited to try it out when I get home from work. Yes, I've heard of how buggy/broken it is, and yes, I've heard all the various complaints and criticisms. But just looking at the game and what it's all about, the theme, and also because the guy who made it seems pretty nice, it's like I can't NOT buy it. I'm looking forward to playing it, even if it is a buggy mess. I'm a big Mount & Blade player so I know what that's like.
lessthandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
jimrad1

When the bugs are worked out, and a map editor and modding which is coming apparently, this will be a very interesting title. Im not big on mass multiplayer titles, but I do like the whole oddness of the game. Its different, nicely priced, seems well supported by the one man band who made it. I think it has a great future actually.
jimrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
Wasdie

I hope mod tools come sooner rather than later. I have a great idea for new game mode which should give the matches a lot of purpose.
Wasdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
Dgreen02

Radioactive Software
Thanks guys, I'm working as hard as I can to fix it.

- Dan

Dgreen02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #7
ZaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthandan View Post
But just looking at the game and what it's all about, the theme, and also because the guy who made it seems pretty nice, it's like I can't NOT buy it.
Same here.
Getting an unfinished and buggy game : 10€.
Attacking 19th century horsemen mixed with futuristic infantry from a tank while a steampunk zeppelin is bombing the area : priceless.

Last edited by ZaD: 03-28-2012 at 02:05 PM.
ZaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
Rulan

Great fun, will be awesome when its patched and modded.

Can understand people not being happy with it after spending their cash on it, but once they come on the forum and continue to troll after learning of the situation....nah that aint on.
Rulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #9
Spyder810

+1

I've had no trouble playing so far except for one alt-tab crash. Game loads quick (15s) to menu. Online deathmatch is a blast though gametype feel slightly too quick to end.

Looking forward to new maps with urban environments (and hopefully infantry only mode/servers).

Already feel like I've got my money's worth! Keep up the good work Dan.

Last edited by Spyder810: 03-28-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Spyder810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #10
Asheme

Yup. I appreciate all the hard work, and I hope Dan doesn't get too affected by the nits and their whining.
Asheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #11
Dgreen02

Radioactive Software
Once the server binaries are released people will be able to customize things how they want. Including running their own mods, etc.

- Dan

Dgreen02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #12
MadCat1991

Thumbs up

I enjoy this game very much, the concept, the mix gameplay between third person shooter and RTS. Sure there are a few bugs but for a one man show it is great and enjoyable, i even wrote a recommendation on steam for it.
MadCat1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
TJ_Tas

I Like it too

Don't really post a lot on the steam forums. Just wanted to say that this is a great program from an independent. It has bugs for sure but what game doesn't, I think once they are fixed it will be great.

Big thanks to you DGreen!!.
TJ_Tas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #14
A.fudge

I've been really enjoying the game, even though it's really just a 3D shooting Gallery atm. Once the AI is updated and the mod tools are out I think the game will make it up in my list of favourite games (Up there with Arma and Mount and Blade.).
A.fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #15
Chriz

This is exactly the multiplayer game I have been waiting for. Perfect to jump in from time to time without the need to play it all the time to stay competitive. Can't wait for updates and new features!
Chriz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gettysburg: Armored Warfare