Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dustforce

Old 03-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
Krankdud

Save Manager Utility

WARNING: This is an early version of the program, so backup your saves before using as there is a possibility of something going wrong!

I created a utility to manage save files for Dustforce. Mainly because as someone who likes to do runs from a fresh start, I wanted a way to easily create new games while being able to load a previous save for playing individual levels. As I said above, this program is an early version, but it should be fully functional. Please read the instructions provided in the readme or in this post. Also, if you find any bugs in the program please tell me so I can fix them.

Download link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14891952/Dus...ager_v0_02.zip

Instructions: (Copied from the readme file)
It is recommended that you backup your save files before using this utility. Although it should work, it is still an early build and there is a possibility of things going wrong. You can find your saves in two folders:
The first folder is: Steam\steamapps\common\dustforce\user
The second folder is: Steam\userdata\<account number>\65300\remote\user

Also you might need to disable Steam cloud support in order for this to work.

On first startup, the program will ask you to setup the options. You need to provide two folders in the Steam folder in order for the program to work.
The first folder is: Steam\steamapps\common\dustforce\user
The second folder is: Steam\userdata\<account number>\65300\remote\user
The full path to the folder needs to be specified, either type it in yourself or hit browse and find the folder.

Afterwards, hit the "Store Save" button to save the current save in the Dustforce folders, and you can then use either "Launch New Game" to launch Dustforce from a fresh, new save, or you can select your save in the list and hit "Launch Selected Save" to load up that save file in Dustforce. Hitting the "Delete Save" button will delete the selected save from the list.

You can also rename saves by using a delayed double clicking on one of the saves on the list like you would for renaming folders or files in Windows.

Other Stuff:
The program is written in C#, so it is only available for Windows unfortunately. I might do a rewrite in C++ using something like Qt to make it cross-platform in the future. Also if anybody wants the source code, I'll zip it up and upload it. It's not very pretty though and it is completely uncommented mostly because it is the first time I have tried working with GUI stuff.

Last edited by Krankdud: 05-04-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
Rairai51

Wow goodjob Krank, I might have to check this out sometime.
Rairai51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #3
Öhr

i'll try this out as soon as i get home, as i ed up my savegame after playing with the leveleditor, hahaha. Right now, I can't beat the game (SS everything) as I am lacking red keys >_>
Öhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #4
steeh

great job krank
i'll also test this as soon as I get home from work =D

Edit: works perfectly fine =D

Last edited by steeh: 03-29-2012 at 08:43 AM.
steeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #5
AND4H

Krankdud, you are my favorite 'Dustforce player that doesn't get tired of beating me in races'. Thank you for making my life easier and making it faster for us to start races so you can continue beating me.

Also, if you do a C++ writeup, please send me the code (I'm learning to be a programmer myself and I'm relatively inexperienced but very interested nonetheless).

Edit: It works for me with relatively no trouble. Thanks Krank!

Last edited by AND4H: 03-29-2012 at 12:22 AM.
AND4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
dragoncmd

thanks for the utility krank, can you post the source code? I'd love to take a look.
dragoncmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dustforce