Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection

Old 03-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
relxek

Sanity Check

So, anybody else even the slightest bit upset that entering month 6 after the game's release and the game is still barely playable? I wonder what flavor koolaid the fan-boy and apologist cronies drank.

I may not be so bothered by all of this if I had been informed that I was pre-ordering a game that had barely entered beta testing, but I honestly don't recall paying $40 to beta test this game.

I only hope that some poor gamer who heard good things about the first game will stop and read this forum and reviews from us who were burned by this, because the game is still sold on Steam as if it is an honest to science finished product.

--relxek

Last edited by relxek: 03-29-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
GM_Pax

Quite upset here. Disgusted, really.

And indeed, I wish _I_ had come to these forums before buying SotS2 ... purely on the strength of SotS1.
GM_Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:18 AM   #3
Biffa999

They should give sots1(steamkey) for free to anyone who preordered sots2.

Dunno why Steam keep selling it as a complete game still.
Biffa999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
galestorm

would be nice

would be nice if game actully worked with out crashing also more discrptions of what things are when you are making ships be nice.
galestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
bananafish2828

or anybody who bot it at full price afterwards.
bananafish2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
Zloth

Upset? No. That's just way too long to stay mad.

It sounds like a lot more of the game is actually starting to work now, though. 4th of July for being ready to go, perhaps?
Zloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:56 AM   #7
relxek

And here come the apologists. So, I ask again, what flavor koolaid did you drink?

I thought I had paid for a finished product 6 months ago. Instead what I got was a beta test, 6 months in and barely playable and still missing features.

3-10 minute turn time is unacceptable on a 3 player map after 200 turns.(yes that is including doing a periodic quit/reload of the game).

You are seriously going to tell me that you find waiting and having to constantly do a memory dump by reloading the game fun?

Seriously kids, don't buy Sword of the Stars 2 unless you are sadomasochistic, and that is cool if you are, but don't drink the Kerberose Productions koolaid.

System Specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Intel i7-960 (3.2ghz)
12GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
relxek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
SwiftBlizz

Really? Have you tried to reinstall the game? How about your drivers are they all up to date? If all this checks out then maybe you have something which garbles up your PC.
SwiftBlizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #9
relxek

Drivers are up to date.

I have removed it, cleared out leftover artifacts left in the steamapps\common\sword of the stars ii\ directory, and reinstalled. I have done this every patch Kerberose puts out just to be disappointed yet again.

Highly unlikely it is anything on my system. Other resource intensive games like Skyrim will run without a hiccup. Hell, I've even had 2 Eve online clients open and Fallout New Vegas or Civilization 5 (using the DX11 option) running all at the same time without any problems.(Gotta keep occupied while gate camps are slow or carrier drops are on standby. )

System Specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Intel i7-960 (3.2ghz)
12GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
relxek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #10
SFCShadow

Yeah it's not your system or setup or anything like that, nope.

Course my system is well below your specs and yet after 200ish turns on a map like that, it takes 20-30seconds to process each turn for me. Guess I'm just lucky, course I've got over 325 hours of play time and unless I play on the sotsverse map, my turn times or screen transitions are fine especially in comparison to yours! LOL On the sotsverse map btw, after around 200ish turns, I may approach 1.5-2minute processing times, which is rather long, however not very amazing system on one of the largest maps in the game so I expect it to run on the slowish side, especially prior to the optimization pass.

Sucks to be you.

Oh btw, system specs:
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
AMD Phenom Quad-Core 9950 Black Edition
4 Gig DDR2 RAM
ATI HD 4670 1 Gig

Last edited by SFCShadow: 03-31-2012 at 06:04 PM.
SFCShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #11
leggosboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCShadow View Post
Yeah it's not your system or setup or anything like that, nope.
Yeah, and even if it was not, we all know how stable and solid this "game" has always been. Even though it it STILL not what was supposed to be released back in October.

Quote:
Sucks to be you.
Is this is why you got to be one of the main suckup-er "mods" for the SOTS II Paradox forum? Because this is not really an impressive display of maturity or good judgement on your part.

I understand why you have to personally attack the poster since the "game" is STILL not what was supposed to be released back in October.

Sucks for you that you can not warn/ban the poster for pointing out what a failure this launch was and still is like you do on the Paradox boards.
leggosboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:16 PM   #12
SFCShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggosboy View Post
Yeah, and even if it was not, we all know how stable and solid this "game" has always been. Even though it it STILL not what was supposed to be released back in October.

Is this is why you got to be one of the main suckup-er "mods" for the SOTS II Paradox forum? Because this is not really an impressive display of maturity or good judgement on your part.

I understand why you have to personally attack the poster since the "game" is STILL not what was supposed to be released back in October.

Sucks for you that you can not warn/ban the poster for pointing out what a failure this launch was and still is like you do on the Paradox boards.
You mad? Need a bottle or pacifier, I can loan you one from my grand daughter if you like.

Seeing as you returned your game and got a refund, what do you care or know about the game?

Next.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:23 PM   #13
leggosboy

Quote:
You mad?
You must have missed your reply to the OP in which you mindlessly insulted them for being unhappy over STILL not having the promised "game" they bought in October.

Quote:
Need a bottle or pacifier, I can loan you one from my grand daughter if you like.
Again, you are showing why you were such an excellent choice for moderation with that comment there.

Quote:
Seeing as you returned your game and got a refund, what do you care or know about the game?
Some people bought more than one copy. But yes, I did get one refund and not the other despite doing them both at the same time. The refund process was done half-way, just like everything else with this product so far.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
leggosboy

When the devs themselves admit that about 15% of the content for the game is still not there, insulting folks about how it must be their computers is pretty stupid.

When the devs themselves admit that about 15% of the content for the game is still not there, insulting folks about how we are STILL waiting for something that was supposed to be done back in October is pretty stupid.

I simply can not simplify any further than that.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #15
SFCShadow

Aww....does Leggo need a hug?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection