Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rayman series

Old 03-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
aidanj2

Saved File Erased

This is just a warning to all other Rayman fans that purchased the game today.

I just lost a 3 hour long save file out of nowhere. I was on the world map and my character wouldn't respond to movement when I tried to direct him to the next world, I could however still open the menu so I did and quit. It brought me back to the original screen with a completely empty save slot. Pretty lame.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
Energy Surge

Same thing just happened to me.

I was going through the first world and everything seemed fine until I beat Swinging Caves. I was kind of confused why the next level hadn't opened. So I went back into Swinging Caves and did the time attack. When I returned to the map the next stage was unlocked because I had 24 electoons. I completed the next stage, Over the Rainbow, earning three more electoons. They acted like I had opened up a new world, but no new levels were open. I had enough electoons to do the tricky treasure level so I went and did that.

After getting the treasure and returning to the map I couldn't move rayman at all. I thought my wireless controller died or something so I opened up the menu, but I could navigate the menu. I tried resetting the controls and using the keyboard, but I couldn't move on the map at all.

I quit to the main menu, and when I went to reload my saves, the game just showed three new game options. I was starting to get worried. I quit out of the game completely and relaunched. My save now appears on the menu to load, but when I load it I can't move my character around the map at all.

Now I'm wondering if I should start over? If I do, will this just happen again? Or should I just wait for a patch? Seeing someone else with the problem, I think waiting for a patch is the best option.
Energy Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
aidanj2

I've found a work around that you can use until a patch is released.

Go to: Documents>My Games>Rayman Origins>Savegame

Here you will find a file named in relation to your save slot:

Slot 1 is Savegame_0
Slot 2 is Savegame_1
Slot 3 is Savegame_2

If you duplicate your save file and change the last digit to the another slots designated number it will work as a pure copy.

It's a bit tedious but if you're like me and really want to play this game instead of waiting for the patch this isn't that terrible of a way to make sure you have a recent save backup.
aidanj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
Energy Surge

Yeah, I found the save directory I just made a copy as backup.

I just beat Swinging Caves, and again I only had 23 electoons (I had been picking up every one except the time attack ones). This time the next world opened up immediately. Last time I did the time attack for the caves (earning my 24th electoon) before Over the Rainbow opened. Apparently, 24 aren't needed to open it.
Energy Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
Sifer2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidanj2 View Post
I've found a work around that you can use until a patch is released.

Go to: Documents>My Games>Rayman Origins>Savegame

Here you will find a file named in relation to your save slot:

Slot 1 is Savegame_0
Slot 2 is Savegame_1
Slot 3 is Savegame_2

If you duplicate your save file and change the last digit to the another slots designated number it will work as a pure copy.

It's a bit tedious but if you're like me and really want to play this game instead of waiting for the patch this isn't that terrible of a way to make sure you have a recent save backup.

Cool no problems for me yet but i'll start backing up every world beaten just in case. +rep
Sifer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Satoshi4ever

I have a similar problem, I'm stuck in the first world, I can not go to the general map, I can return to the tree but when I go out, go back to the first world, the backspace or the B button gamepad do not work.
Satoshi4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:30 AM   #7
ematok

Same here...after completing the 3rd level..it didnt move..I quit and than...
the inevitable happened.. I should have listened to you and make a backup
ematok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:18 AM   #8
julemand101

Same problem here. After 2 levels I could not move in the level menu, I quit the game and now it says my level is corrupt. Hope Ubisoft comes with a quick fix for this problem because the rest of the game is amazing
julemand101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:24 AM   #9
repeater

Same problem here as well. Put about six hours in to the game today, having a great time. Then boom, it doesn't draw a line to the next level and my character gets stuck on the map.

I quit the game, came back in, and my save was gone.

I do back up my saves nightly via a script, but it was about a half hour away from running. Arg!

Really kills the excitement I had for this game. If I can bring myself to go through ALL of that again, I will have to remember to be really paranoid about saves. I had just slogged through getting everything in a bunch of previous levels, too. Which just doesn't sound fun to redo at this point.

This is a VERY serious bug for a game to have.

EDIT: I submitted a ticket to Ubisoft. Others should as well.

Last edited by repeater: 03-31-2012 at 02:46 AM.
repeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #10
julemand101

Quote:
Originally Posted by julemand101 View Post
Same problem here. After 2 levels I could not move in the level menu, I quit the game and now it says my level is corrupt. Hope Ubisoft comes with a quick fix for this problem because the rest of the game is amazing
Strange. Today my save game works again without any trace of corruption. I take a backup now.
julemand101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #11
SuperNerd000

same thing happened to me, I beat Pipin' Hot and reached 60 electoons, then got stuck on the world select map, couldnt move, exited to menu, save gone
SuperNerd000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #12
piliwili

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNerd000 View Post
same thing happened to me, I beat Pipin' Hot and reached 60 electoons, then got stuck on the world select map, couldnt move, exited to menu, save gone
I'm using Rayman Origins downloaded from a torrent. (I bought the game but there was a delay in delivery because somehow my package disappeared.) I decided to use the downloaded version untill it arrives.

Got the same issue and couldn't move in the world map + save game got deleted.

FIX IT PLZ!!
piliwili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:49 PM   #13
Cilph

Quote:
Originally Posted by piliwili View Post
I'm using Rayman Origins downloaded from a torrent. (I bought the game but there was a delay in delivery because somehow my package disappeared.) I decided to use the downloaded version untill it arrives.

Got the same issue and couldn't move in the world map + save game got deleted.

FIX IT PLZ!!
You're on Steam why didn't you buy it here? Furthermore, the retail version doesn't even have a steam key. Admit it, you pirated.
Cilph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #14
repeater

Interesting, I found a file called "SavegameCSavegame_0" hanging out outside the "Savegame" folder.

When I copied it in to the folder and renamed it to "Savegame_0" the game recognized it and let me play it.

It's only about halfway through the playthrough I was working on when it deleted my save, but hey - better than nothing!

No idea if the game has some sort of built in backup system or if it glitched out and saved a stray file (the name of the file is a bit odd).
Old 03-31-2012, 05:10 PM   #15
repeater

...Aaaaaaand, it did it again in a different spot. This time instead of the save file being missing, it actually said "the save file is damaged and could not be loaded".

When I quit the game and came back, it loaded fine and had the proper red line leading to the next level.

Both times that this happened was during the "a new character has been unlocked..." event after completing a level. Not sure if that is coincidence or not though.

EDIT: Oh and it created another "SavegameCSavegame_0" on its own again. Not sure what triggered it, as it didn't correspond to any noticeable event in the game. I'm making a copy of my save file ever few levels, and of course it has behaved ever since I started doing that. Whatever works, I guess!

Last edited by repeater: 03-31-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rayman series