Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Global Agenda: Free Agent

Old 03-31-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
Rojola

Question Could you assist us on free-to-play research?

Hello Global Agenda players!

We are conducting research on free-to-play games and would like to hear your voice as a player. By filling up our survey on virtual items, you will contribute to the academic games research and help the games community to produce better free-to-play game experiences.

The survey can be found here: http://bit.ly/freetoplay

Answering takes about 15 minutes and you have a chance to win a 50 euro prize of your choice from Amazon. The raffle takes place on 27th April and the winner is contacted personally.

We thank you for your time and apologize for any inconveniences.

Janne Paavilainen
Project Manager
Game Research Lab, University of Tampere, Finland
http://triangleresearch.org

ps. We apologize if posting this is against the forum policies of this game. Earlier we successfully approached TF2 players in their respective forum, here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2622094
Old 04-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
Isildion

I always love taking surveys.

But just some feedback ... I think many of the agree-disagree questions are pretty much the same. I don't know if you want to see if you get different answers with different wording, but it was a little bit annoying to get each question like 5 times in quick succession.

For the last part ... maybe it's just me, but I have no idea how many years ago I played my first free-to-play game or something like that. I can hardly remember when I started playing games at all.
If more people are like me you won't get very accurate numbers out of these questions.
Isildion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
Rojola

Hi all!

The survey will be closing on Friday 27th April 11:00 GMT. We are still looking for more respondents, so please give your insights at:

http://bit.ly/freetoplay

Thank you for your time!

PS. Thanks for the feedback Isildion. There are research specific reasons why the survey is what it is, but unfortunately I cannot discuss those reason at the moment.
Rojola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
Dostarus

Shame I was too late at reading this post, since I like the concept of free to play games. I played several free to play titles and the only ones that got me keeping from playing were the ones in where all items/levels/goals etc were also obtainable free to play (with investing many game hours).
What I didnt like were Free to Play games in which Paying sh*tloads of money = being more powerful rules.

As for the reason many Research Surveys keep asking the same questions in a different way is simple:
They need to see if you are consistant in your answers, if you keep giving different answers to the same type of question, they know they can't take that certain survey seriously.

Same works with psychological tests. In there being consistant in answering questions at least will mean you're a stable person :P
Dostarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #5
Amy

The F2P could be nice if you would have refunded all the purchaser of the game so they could spend more in gameé.
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Global Agenda: Free Agent