Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress Classic

Old 03-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
(FF)Snipe

trying to find a map

Ok, so I want to remake a map for Fortress Forever, and I can't for the life of me remember what the map is called that I am looking for. I will describe it as best as I can.

It's a CTF type map. 2 bases obviously. Each base has 3 routes in. A water route that takes you to a 1 room basement with a generator looking thing in it. A main route that goes across a bridge with the water route below wich takes you to the first floor. And an upper route that goes to the right of the base and past a large radio tower that leads to the second floor. To access the flag room you have to disable security if I am not mistaken. Flag room is high-tech looking with computers in it. Theres a hole in the ceiling you can drop down into from the roof, a main door, and another door that, once you grab the flag, goes down some narrow steps and out.

The middle of the map is basically 2 canyons with paths around the top. There are 2 resupply rooms, one for each team (but you cant spawn in them). Each canyon has a path leading to the left to an overlook which is great for snipers. Right path takes you to the upper entrance.

I think that's about all I can remember. PLEASE someone help me. I am going crazy...
Old 03-31-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
urban360

This is a stock map that comes with TFC. The map is called ravelin.
urban360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:15 AM   #3
aabicus

Rather than make a new thread, considering we have two already, Ill just post a similar request here.

The map Im looking for has a "D-Day" flavor to it, where blue starts on boats in an ocean, and in front if them is a beach to storm. Nondamaging explosions are going off just to provide ambience. Red gets some time to get set up, and then blue has to either bring their flag through all the checkpoints or steal red's flag, I dont remember this aspect exactly.

I just loved the beach environment and the D-Day flavor. Anyone know what map this is?
aabicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #4
orangensaft

@(FF)Snipe: urban360 is right, the map is called "ravelin".
@aabicus: I'd consider checking "tfc_d-day". http://goldsrc.org/?sec=files&fileid=161
orangensaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
pizzahut

@aabicus:

junob7, junob7d (by Pet)
navarone (by Pet)
pdh_r (by Zouave)

Last edited by pizzahut: 04-08-2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: added navarone
pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
aabicus

You found it! It was pdh_r
aabicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress Classic