Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 04-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
antstubell

So I married Alva

Anyone else married Alva? I gave it a go and she is aggressive. When asked "Can you cook me something?" she replies something like "I should be asking you that. I'll cook you a meal but don't ask for another until tomorrow."
I went back to Morthal and told the Jarl Alva was a vampire and now she has disappeared from our house. Can't kill her to remarry.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
bobczes

I'm guessing you used a console command or used a mod to marry her.

There is a quest involving her. Since you ratted her out to the Jarl, this quest might have been initiated.
bobczes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
zherok

Yeah, she's not on the default marriage list. And I suppose it's worth noting you're not supposed to be able to remarry in the first place either.

That said, five seconds of googling and some youtube serching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9XUZ...eature=related

Alternately there are mods that add a divorce feature: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...ails/?id=11579 and http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11235 for example.

Haven't tried any of these solutions but I'm sure one of them is bound to work.
zherok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
Nynaeve Al Mere

D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antstubell View Post
Anyone else married Alva? I gave it a go and she is aggressive. When asked "Can you cook me something?" she replies something like "I should be asking you that. I'll cook you a meal but don't ask for another until tomorrow."
I went back to Morthal and told the Jarl Alva was a vampire and now she has disappeared from our house. Can't kill her to remarry.
This works:
open console, then type,
removefac 51596
enter
player.removefac c6472
enter
resetquest 74793
enter
resetquest 21382
enter
setstage 74793 10
enter
exit console
wait 24 hours in game
quest should be reset and you can remarry. Chat option will be grey because you have done this, but just re-ask to marry
Nynaeve Al Mere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:59 AM   #5
cylon

All the women in skyrim seem to be aggressive.

I walk past one just on my merry way to sell some goods and they blurt out things like "whats up, never seen a strong woman before?". The only one that doesn't seem to hate me on sight is the blacksmith at the gates of Whiterum.
cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:28 AM   #6
stoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylon View Post

I walk past one just on my merry way to sell some goods and they blurt out things like "whats up, never seen a strong woman before?". The only one that doesn't seem to hate me on sight is the blacksmith at the gates of Whiterum.
I usually hear things like "it's a fine day with you around".

There was a thread about this, that the women are generally nags. However, a lady player rightly pointed out that the male characters are either driven by honour in battle (BORING!) or simpering slime balls.

The female characters are a lot more diverse.
stoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
Ace O' Shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylon View Post

here's some of my favorites

lisette at solitude, ysolda in whiterun, aela the huntress and the best one of them all... lynly starsung (ivarstead)
Ace O' Shades is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V