Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

Old 04-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
Fuzznut

AMD processors, GFWL and Windows XP heads up.

As far as I can tell anyone basically having the same setup as mentioned in the title needs to make sure their AMD CPU windows driver is up to date. I had a hell of a time with GFWL games on my setup. The video would chunk up and freeze etc. GFWL stuff was basically unplayable until I updated the AMD CPU driver for Windows XP.

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dyna...42f&ItemID=173

Also if you are running a dual core you'll need the optimizer. I DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS NECESSARY FOR QUAD CORE OR NOT. I know for AMD dual cores like I have(Opteron 180) it is essential.I'll just include the AMD page link:

http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pa...ords=&items=20

There is something called AMDvOpt which I AM NOT USING since I do not know exactly what its referring to here:

Quote:
DESCRIPTION:

The AMD-V Optimization driver is designed to optimize the performance of legacy Windows guest operating systems running on AMD-V enabled processors.
But I am using the Dual core optimizer v 1.1.4 and the AMD Processor driver version 1.3.2... And this solved the GFWL problems I was having.

Hopefully what I have learned will help others who are having the troubles with GFWL that I had and are using XP and an AMD setup.

Last edited by Fuzznut: 04-02-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
Fuzznut

ok AMD-V is for the AMD processors with Virtualization enabled for running Virtual enviroments like Windows 98 emulation on XP or somesuch.
Fuzznut is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection