Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Microsoft Flight > Support

Old 04-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Keavon

No Initial Product Key to Register Game?

Without any DLC, we're asked to give a product key to register it on our Games for Windows Live account. I do not see any product key in Steam. What do we do?
Old 04-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
delafina

Microsoft Game Studios
Hi Keavon! Could you please follow the instructions linked below and let us know if that helps?

https://microsoftflight.com/en-us/faqs/#troubleshooting
delafina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
Keavon

It worked, thanks. Steam should give out keys so everybody doesn't have to find that link.
Keavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
Nurdle1979

My key is also "in use". I have done what was recomended above and still the same issue with key already in use.
Nurdle1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #5
Loki MS Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurdle1979 View Post
My key is also "in use". I have done what was recomended above and still the same issue with key already in use.
are you able to log into the Games for Windows - LIVE account that has the content via the Games for Windows - LIVE client? That should redownload and repopulate the content and key.
Loki MS Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
Nurdle1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki MS Flight View Post
are you able to log into the Games for Windows - LIVE account that has the content via the Games for Windows - LIVE client? That should redownload and repopulate the content and key.

Yeah I'm able to log into the live account and Marketplace. I have many GFWL live games on Steam and have no trouble logging in.

First I downlaoded the game on Steam, tried to play and was hit with "key in use". I then found this thread and followed what was suggested.
I logged into the GFWL client and retrieved the key and then tried to tie the key to the game in Steam and still "key in use".

I then uninstalled the game from Steam and downloaded the game from the GFWL client and still "key in use".
Old 04-06-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
Wedge The Jedi

Microsoft Game Studios
Quote:
Yeah I'm able to log into the live account and Marketplace. I have many GFWL live games on Steam and have no trouble logging in.

First I downlaoded the game on Steam, tried to play and was hit with "key in use". I then found this thread and followed what was suggested.
I logged into the GFWL client and retrieved the key and then tried to tie the key to the game in Steam and still "key in use".

I then uninstalled the game from Steam and downloaded the game from the GFWL client and still "key in use".
Nurdle,
You can contact GFWL support to get a new key. Just explain the situation and that it is a free to play game anyways. They might be able to help.
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/games-for-windows

If not then you can create a 2nd GFWL account, 'purchase for free' on Xbox.com with that account, then open the GFW Marketplace and use the key assigned to that game :P
Wedge The Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:07 AM   #8
Nurdle1979

Still no go on my end. GFWL client shows me the key, the key is inserted ingame when I load it up but when I try and log into my account ingame I still get "key in use". Tried multiple re-installs in both Steam and the GWFL client.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #9
Nurdle1979

Quote:
Nurdle,
You can contact GFWL support to get a new key. Just explain the situation and that it is a free to play game anyways. They might be able to help.
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/games-for-windows
I dont see why I should have to phone MS support to get this issue sorted, I have had previous experience phoning MS support when my GTA IV key hit it's limit and they basically denied GFWL existance and kept trying to push me off onto Xbox support >_<

And as for making a second account and then using that key for my real account... yes I could but again I dont want to.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #10
Loki MS Flight

Quote:
I dont see why I should have to phone MS support to get this issue sorted, I have had previous experience phoning MS support when my GTA IV key hit it's limit and they basically denied GFWL existance and kept trying to push me off onto Xbox support >_<

And as for making a second account and then using that key for my real account... yes I could but again I dont want to.
PM Sent
Old 04-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #11
theshoebox08

As much as I close the game and open it, I still have no key entered after I sign in -.-'.
theshoebox08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
Loki MS Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshoebox08 View Post
As much as I close the game and open it, I still have no key entered after I sign in -.-'.
Log in on xbox.com using the windows LIVE ID associated to your gamertag. Go to the marketplace and "purchase" the free version of Flight. This will have your account manually request a key from Games for Windows - LIVE. Next time you start the game through the Games for Windows - LIVE Marketplace client you should have a key. Here is the link for the Core (free) download of Flight.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...08d2?cid=SLink
Old 04-08-2012, 12:19 AM   #13
Rcj8993

um it said i could get a bunch of content for free for registering my live accound and a product code, well I log on with my account, im not offered to put in the code and its asking me to pay for the content...
Rcj8993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:55 AM   #14
Arthor

I have no key either I "bought" and dl from steam and Live Market Place. Even have addons..and can find no keys. I have other games that all work well.

No where in Windows Live or Steam can I find the option to view CD Key for this product or its addons.

Last edited by Arthor: 04-08-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Arthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #15
artmonster

I cant get it to work either.

I just purchased all downloadable content via steam....

it asks for me to insert a product code.

I use the code taht steam gives in its's "view game CD key" window.

it says the key is already in use, and I'm dead in the water there.

now I am installing flight via the win game cleint like you suggested.... so now I have two full installs on my machine...

this is way out of line..... what a broken system...and a waste of 40 bucks it seems.

getting really frustrated.... did everything posted...still no go.
artmonster is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Microsoft Flight > Support