Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 04-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #31
iGamer5

Quote:
Originally Posted by enez67 View Post
I had the same story. I used too not care about hats, but once go Premium, that will change.

Also, my best class is also Spy, but I main Solly
Trust me, Ive gone premium and foolishly unboxed 2 crates, then i sold those weps and used the metal to get 1 of every normal wep in the game. I dont care about hats lol.
iGamer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #32
enez67

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGamer5 View Post
Trust me, Ive gone premium and foolishly unboxed 2 crates, then i sold those weps and used the metal to get 1 of every normal wep in the game. I dont care about hats lol.
Yeah since I don't have any hats anyway...

I troll people and wear my Gibus. I beat anyone with hats, they rage.
enez67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #33
Huff

Very nice review. Nice to see that you're educated about what the classes can do, too. Hearing someone say they airblast things makes me a little happier each time.

And man, the hats will suck you in at some point. It's inevitable.

Have some rep.
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #34
SILENTESLOLZ

Quote:
learning to rocket-jump was interesting - but once I mastered it
Quote:
50 hours of gameplay
Using the term Mastered loosely I think?
SILENTESLOLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #35
Sylux333

The obsession with hats is the result of years of propaganda. It all started when Valve released them alongside the Sniper vs Spy update. It took the player base by storm. Whenever Valve would make an update, they would have hidden images that would signify that hats are only for the most gentlemannly men and sets them apart as an upper class person compared to the "poor and irish" unfortunates who haven't been blessed by the random number generator yet. There was no trading or crafting back then, so if someone found a hat they were considered one lucky son of a gun. Eventually more and more hats were released and community favorites rose to popularity. When crafting came out, it created a new wave of idling passion for hats. Haven't found a hat you say? Try crafting all your weapons to get a free random hat guaranteed! This kept going until the manncomnomy update. This is when trading came into fruition along with unusuals and crates. TF2 quickly gained its own economy and the hats no one liked and were quite rare rose to the top of the price list, eventually becoming their own currency. Things have stayed pretty consistant since then.

As long as Valve keeps supporting this game with the quality that they have over the years, I will keep playing. If any of you want to know more about TF2'2 history, check out the history tab on the tf2 blog.
Sylux333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #36
thepounder1

Quote:
*Facepalm* Ah, I was fooled by the sarcasm. But thank you both for the kind words!
It's a good write-up, mate... I'd go so far as to call it a bona fide TF2 Article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENTESLOLZ View Post
Using the term Mastered loosely I think?

I feel it's a matter of perspective... Once I understood basic rocket jumping in early 2008 I felt like King Soldier... up until I met other Soldier players who were obviously more adept than I. At this point, rocket jumps and wall pushes are my bread and butter... I think he'll find that as well at some point if he keeps at it.

Last edited by thepounder1: 04-04-2012 at 04:36 PM.
thepounder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #37
iGamer5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylux333 View Post
The obsession with hats is the result of years of propaganda. It all started when Valve released them alongside the Sniper vs Spy update. It took the player base by storm. Whenever Valve would make an update, they would have hidden images that would signify that hats are only for the most gentlemannly men and sets them apart as an upper class person compared to the "poor and irish" unfortunates who haven't been blessed by the random number generator yet. There was no trading or crafting back then, so if someone found a hat they were considered one lucky son of a gun. Eventually more and more hats were released and community favorites rose to popularity. When crafting came out, it created a new wave of idling passion for hats. Haven't found a hat you say? Try crafting all your weapons to get a free random hat guaranteed! This kept going until the manncomnomy update. This is when trading came into fruition along with unusuals and crates. TF2 quickly gained its own economy and the hats no one liked and were quite rare rose to the top of the price list, eventually becoming their own currency. Things have stayed pretty consistant since then.

As long as Valve keeps supporting this game with the quality that they have over the years, I will keep playing. If any of you want to know more about TF2'2 history, check out the history tab on the tf2 blog.
That is so saddening to me, but w/e - if people want to decorate themselves, who am I to stop them?
Old 04-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #38
DeGroot Keeper

looking at your tf2 achievements you probably spent a lot of those 50hrs on idle/achievement servers. Maybe that's the reason why you deleted your stats.
DeGroot Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #39
iGamer5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGroot Keeper View Post
looking at your tf2 achievements you probably spent a lot of those 50hrs on idle/achievement servers. Maybe that's the reason why you deleted your stats.
Actually those were all legit, no servers of the kind - I delete my stats after every so often - and if you look carefully at the achievements, you can probably tell which class I was playing when.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #40
MiKeV

Banned
In all honesty, there's no difference between a noob that just got the game via F2P, or a noob that bought the game (back in the day).

F2P isn't a perspective.

We're all the same. Some of us paid for the game, others got it for free. That's it.
MiKeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #41
DeGroot Keeper

if you are telling me that you as a new player got 10000 heal points as medic in a single life legit I have a hard time believing it.
DeGroot Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #42
iGamer5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGroot Keeper View Post
if you are telling me that you as a new player got 10000 heal points as medic in a single life legit I have a hard time believing it.
Oh ye of little faith - get a couple meatshield heavies, camp near spawn and you will be golden. It took about 20 or so minutes and I nearly died several times, but it was done.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #43
Fire_Blazer700

This is a good review! It has reasonable points and good evidence, but personally this doesn't have the fresh perspective you said it had.

I may be wrong, but this sounds like a review someone makes after going through SPUF. It just contains opinions that SPUF generally 'approves' of.
Fire_Blazer700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #44
Dvdgg

Quote:
Oh ye of little faith - get a couple meatshield heavies, camp near spawn and you will be golden. It took about 20 or so minutes and I nearly died several times, but it was done.
Then it's farming. Impossible by the intended way, actually playing by healing the whole team, killing some spies trying to backstab you, and retreating if your teammate gets crocketed. I'm not even telling you that you got the achievement just by going to an achievement server, but if you spent 20 minutes pocketing a couple of heavies in front of a sentry and ignoring the rest of the team, then I know why you didn't enjoy playing Medic.
Dvdgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #45
iGamer5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Blazer700 View Post
This is a good review! It has reasonable points and good evidence, but personally this doesn't have the fresh perspective you said it had.

I may be wrong, but this sounds like a review someone makes after going through SPUF. It just contains opinions that SPUF generally 'approves' of.
Perhaps because they are common opinions? And yes, I have browsed the forums before, but did not consult for their approval in writing this - it was off the cuff - though as I play more, I certainly plan on reworking/adding on to it - thanks for your comment, I appreciate it.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2