Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Microsoft Flight > Gameplay Discussion

Old 04-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
Freelance

How do you do aerobatics with a mouse?

I have a gamepad but for some reason I got used to a mouse. Problem is, I can't seem to pull off any such maneuvers like barrel rolls. I can do it easily with a gamepad but mousing eludes me.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
bastila13091

I use a stick myself, but you might need to turn some of the settings to more realistic or turn the sensitivity higher.
bastila13091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
Freelance

I turned off a feature because it said it's recommended if you do aerobatics but I still can't do a barrel roll. I did do something but I wasn't sure I did. No options for sensitivity though. I hear the Hawaii expansion has some tutorials on aerobatics so that could help me.
Freelance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
bastila13091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance View Post
I turned off a feature because it said it's recommended if you do aerobatics but I still can't do a barrel roll. I did do something but I wasn't sure I did. No options for sensitivity though. I hear the Hawaii expansion has some tutorials on aerobatics so that could help me.
There is a mission there using the RV-6 to do some aerobatic maneuvers, but I'm not sure how much help it'll give you.
bastila13091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
FreddySteiner

@Freelance.
You will need to use the keyboard arrow keys with the mouse for most aerobatic manouvers.
To do an aileron roll, pull the nose up about 20-30 degrees and hold either the Left or Right arrow key. The plane will rotate 360 degrees.
(a barrell roll is a bit tricky because it is a roll inside a loop.) also
Don't forget to invert the mouse in the Options menu. It will then behave the same as other controllers.......pull back to raise the nose.....pust forward to lowewer the nose.

To do a Loop, pull the nose up as far as you can using the mouse and then hold the bottom arrow key until the plane goes over the top and comes down the other side.

Fred.

Last edited by FreddySteiner: 04-09-2012 at 07:25 PM.
FreddySteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
AzureWX

The mouse cannot do acrobatics by itself. You'll need to either use the keyboard, or ideally get a controller (gamepad, yoke, joystick, or whatever the heck you'd call this thing) to do acrobatics easily.
AzureWX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
grmpyracer

I'm using a Logitech 3D Pro and when I try to do a loop with the Stearman,it wants to snap over at the top of the loop. tried sensitivity changes with no help. Ideas??
grmpyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #8
wlayton27

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmpyracer View Post
I'm using a Logitech 3D Pro and when I try to do a loop with the Stearman,it wants to snap over at the top of the loop. tried sensitivity changes with no help. Ideas??
Sounds like it's not a problem with your controller at all. If your Stearman is reducing speed to about 40 knots during the climbing part of the loop, it should slip and stall regardless of what controller you use. Try starting your loops with diving speeds of 125 mph or higher.
wlayton27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
grmpyracer

I have, and have exceeded the 125 limit. It happens with NO movement from the controller, I have it pulled back into the climb and before the aircraft can come to a rollover, it will just do a snap roll to its back.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #10
FreddySteiner

Have you tried it in cockpit view ? (that snap is normal in an external view !)

Fred.
FreddySteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #11
grmpyracer

I will give it a go. Also, it doesn't do that when you are free flying, only on the aerobactic challenge. go figure
Old 05-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
grmpyracer

Spins

Ok, have all that down with the Stearman (have to use the cocpit view). Another question on spins, I can perform the spin, and in the Stearman Aerobatic mission it gives me credit for the number of spins I accomplished, 3, but when I go to my profile, I'm not getting credit for the spins. Have used the P-51 and spun from 32,000 ft down and still no credit. Any ideas from the tech dept?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Microsoft Flight > Gameplay Discussion