Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2

Old 04-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
N6JLV

Lightbulb Portal 3! what do you think?

i being a big fan of portal would love to see it become a trilogy, i think it could happen! i've said this before to my friends and they always ask how? GLaDOS threw you out? what would the story be? well that's my question for you, if they made a portal 3 what do you think could be the basis of the story?

Here's two of my idea's; Chell finds a way back in to find out more about her child hood and who she really is, with GLaDOS being your mom and all.

OR

you maybe play from the middle of portal 1 and clear thru portal 2 but play from ratt man's perspective. i dont really know how that would go over to some of the portal fans that love it for the puzzle aspect as you really wouldnt be in any chambers testing, but for me the puzzle is just the icing on the cake (hehe see what i did there ) of the game

what do you guys think?
Old 04-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
TifgoCS2

This is the newest idea Portal 2 forums ever had!
TifgoCS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
N6JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifgoCS2 View Post
This is the newest idea Portal 2 forums ever had!
not sure if trolling or serious....
N6JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
TestSubject

Quote:
Originally Posted by N6JLV View Post
not sure if trolling or serious....
He's trolling.

Uhm... Here we go again. Well, I prefer that they keep up the DLCs coming, VALVe supports custom maps (The next DLC) and more coop tracks. Would be enough for me. They should just make clear everything about the borealis and ratman. Then I could die happy.
TestSubject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
Zekiran

What TifgoCS2 is saying is, "read the rest of the forum" or do a search.

That said, however, I like the idea of finding out more about Chell, but perhaps not as a full game. I am not sure they really want to define her parents and background though, because as it is it allows us fans to come up with endless variations of our own!
Zekiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
Dinosaur_Rex

Banned
The game is not even 1 year old and you want another one.
Dinosaur_Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #7
N6JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaur_Rex View Post
The game is not even 1 year old and you want another one.
and you don't? im not saying "VALVE GET ON THIS NOW! WE WANT A DEMO AT E3!" im just sayin there's enough open ends that it could happen.
N6JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
Pufje

Quote:
and you don't? im not saying "VALVE GET ON THIS NOW! WE WANT A DEMO AT E3!" im just sayin there's enough open ends that it could happen.
True, and i would be happy with another sequel. But I like the way it is now with the dlc's
Pufje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
Kr1sP

The DLC can cover the open ends and while they could just say Chell was thrown into a biosphere that would not be cool.

I'd much rather they made a prequel..besides it doesn't seem like Valve can count to 3 anyways. HL3 gets first dibs before portal 3.

I'm waiting for the day(hopefully 03,03,2013) they go to E3 and call them selves VALV3 and announce the Sourc3 engine and HL3 and just end the show with Gab3.0 coming out and flipping us off.
Kr1sP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #10
Qrome

Chell's story is done. She's free now. Bringing her back would just be a terrible move. That being said, I think another sequel is impossible.

A prequel, on the other hand, could work out amazingly. Espcially if it involved something other than portals.
Qrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
Kr1sP

Portal 0
the story of Ratman

Much more fear based and eerie with hallucinations
Kr1sP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #12
srs_bsnss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr1sP View Post
I'm waiting for the day(hopefully 03,03,2013) they go to E3 and call them selves VALV3 and announce the Sourc3 engine and HL3 and just end the show with Gab3.0 coming out and flipping us off.
This. Have some rep.
srs_bsnss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #13
Dinosaur_Rex

Banned
Quote:
I don't, I'd rather have Half Life 3.

Portal 2 is perfect, you can't improve the game, there's no need for another game. DLC is always welcome, since it is an extension of the game.
Dinosaur_Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #14
coldReactive

If VALVe really wants to be unique... the next portal will have the two robots in single player, allowing you to control either of them via a keystroke. While not controlling one, the AI will do basic movements when you ping / etc. It will also auto place a portal via the portal ping (doing a portal ping on another surface will first check to see whether or not the first or second portal was placed, and then will place the other one instead.) Doing the countdown ping would have the other bot activate whatever you pinged after the countdown finishes counting "1"

They'd have to have quirks too, like blue being more smart, and orange being more of a trickster, so that you have to keep your wits about you. Near the end, Chell becomes the "Bad Guy" and you have to beat her somehow.

I'm probably just throwing ideas at a brick wall though.

I'm not sure if any game company has actually ported co-op mechanics to single-player before like this. it would be a show of muscle and whatnot for VALVe though.
coldReactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #15
Iconoclast XVII

It will never happen 'cause it has a 3 in it.

On a serious note, some puzzles that actually require thought. That was why Portal was good and Portal 2 was a huge let down. It took me longer to figure out where to go then it took me to figure out how to get there. It seemed like right when the puzzles were getting a bit complicated, they switched to something else, and then never really combined them all. DLC went the same way. All the puzzles were figured out once you walked into the room, except the one...

Spoiler:
where you were supposed to know to send the cube to the complete other side of the room that you could barely see, even with zooming. And that was just stupid.
Iconoclast XVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2