Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Community Discussion

Old 04-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
C r o s b y

[QUESTION] Regarding the Steam Trade Section

I'm not complaining but I'm just curious as to why we are not allowed to post in the steam trade section regarding trading Battlefield 3 for tf2 items. I made a topic and it got closed, but as said before, I'm just wondering why it is not allowed. Thanks

Last edited by C r o s b y: 04-08-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
Matt

Volunteer Moderator - I was on TV!
How can you trade Battlefield 3? It's not trade-able. It's not even available on Steam. That's why your thread is closed. The trading forum is for STEAM TRADING.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
C r o s b y

I have BF3 on my Origin account, but I don't have a computer that can handle BF3 so I'm trying to give my Origin account away for a bud. I don't even have Origin installed actually.

And if mine got closed because BF3 isn't on Steam, then shouldn't the people that post they're buying something with Paypal, or selling something with Paypal be closed too? I mean I'm trying to trade it for a bud, which is a part of TF2, which is a part of Steam. So if the people with Paypal are Steam trading, then I'm Steam trading.

Last edited by C r o s b y: 04-08-2012 at 10:13 PM.
C r o s b y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
Matt

Volunteer Moderator - I was on TV!
You asked a question about your thread, and I answered it. If you see other threads that you feel are against the rules then you may report them. No backseat moderating, please. Let the moderators do the moderating.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #5
C r o s b y

Alright, well thanks. But can you answer the question about I asked in my post before this one? I'm asking this to better understand the way you guys moderate so I know what and what not to do. I'm not trying to pester so please don't take it that way. And you won't have to worry about backseat moderating or reporting because I don't care enough about what other people post. I just try to handle my own business.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:35 AM   #6
KRosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by C r o s b y View Post
Alright, well thanks. But can you answer the question about I asked in my post before this one? I'm asking this to better understand the way you guys moderate so I know what and what not to do. I'm not trying to pester so please don't take it that way. And you won't have to worry about backseat moderating or reporting because I don't care enough about what other people post. I just try to handle my own business.
steam trading is when you use 'steamtrade' to... well, trade. its fully protected, there is no middleman bs, and it doesnt break the TOS like trying to sell an origin account (or steam account for that matter) does. (which btw, if EA catches you doing this, they will just delete your account - so i hope you used a different name for origin than you did the forums here)

its not a hard concept - don't try to do anything illegal/that breaks the TOS, and keep the steam trades forum for actual steam trades only. if you can't drag it into the box for trading consideration, its not a steamtrade.
KRosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:56 AM   #7
C r o s b y

Question regarding Steam Trade

I've been trying to figure out a definite answer from one of the Moderators, and I haven't received an answer yet. So I will post my question here.

Are we allowed to post if we are buying or selling an item via PayPal, Moneypak, etc. Websites like those.

I got a couple threads locked because I posted saying how I was selling Battlefield 3 for TF2 items and I don't quite understand what the problem is. That's why I'm asking about PayPal, because people do it all the time, and if that's allowed, then I don't see why there's a problem with BF3.

Last edited by C r o s b y: 04-11-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:01 AM   #8
Fish-E

Volunteer Moderator
I don't really visit the trade forums so I'm not 100% certain of the rules, so take this with a pinch of salt.

Anyway I believe you can trade steam items (games, coupons, tf2 items etc) for money but if you get scammed you won't receive any support as you traded outside of the system. What you cannot do is make trades that don't involve steam items at all. For example, trading an origin account (which is almost certainly against their T&C) for paypal money.
Fish-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:11 AM   #9
C r o s b y

Yeah I see what you're saying. I'm not trying to sell it for PayPal though. I'm just looking for a Team Fortress 2 Earbud. The Moderator claimed that I was not Steam Trading... If I'm asking for a trade involving a Steam game's, item, is that not still Steam Trade? I don't get it but it's making my attempt to sell a lot longer than it should.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:30 AM   #10
TeKraken

BF3 is not a steam item.
TeKraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:23 AM   #11
C r o s b y

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeKraken View Post
BF3 is not a steam item.
I'm aware of that but it shouldn't matter if I'm trying to get steam items.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #12
ChrisW

There is a difference between trading and selling. You are not allowed to sell games, especially on the trading forums.
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #13
bluz74

What should I not trade for?

Do not trade for anything that cannot be added into the trade window within Steam.

Steam Trading Policy
bluz74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #14
Satoru

Do not trade for things that are not supported by the trade interface

Just because others are doing it does not mean you should
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #15
C r o s b y

I've been selling TF2 items for PayPal for months, and have posted in the Steam Trade section about it with no problems. And I know it says that about not trading outside the window but I'm not gonna be scamming anyone... Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen a rule or anything saying don't post about BF3 or PayPal in the Steam Trade section.

Rep Thread 1 - http://tf2-trader.com/index.php?topic=12549.0

Rep Thread 2 - http://sourceop.com/modules.php?name...065373#1065373

http://steamcommunity.com/id/icrosbyi/

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Community Discussion