Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Waveform

Old 04-09-2012, 04:27 AM   #1
inspiral66

Achievements, where to get 'em and how

Let's have a thread dedicated to unlocking achievements.

Where's the best place to get 4 orbitals? I've only come across 3 in any given level. I suppose there are many in deep space mode, but I've a sneaky feeling it's doable in one of the normal levels.

There may be spoilers ahead-
Black holes. I've located just two of these buggers:
The Uranus black hole is in Neptune 3 around the halfway point at the bottom of the playing area, beneath a long row of dark matter.
The Mars black hole is located in Asteroid Belt 3, just after the checkpoint, where you can use two portals to 'stall' your photon while waiting for a gap to appear between two massive asteroids.

Last edited by inspiral66: 04-09-2012 at 04:29 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
argentscarf

Saturn - Uranus 7
Near the end of the level, you need to have both red and green orbitals, and have a blue multiplier or the blue orbital. The three coloured dark matter boxes covering the path to the black hole will be clear.

Jupiter - Saturn 6
3/4 of the way into the level, there's a row of dark matter, a bomb, and portals. Avoid the portals, and set off the bomb to destroy the dark matter to get into the black hole. (Corrected by Ziabster)

Asteroid Belt - Jupiter 4
This thread.

Earth - Mars 4
Halfway through the level, the black hole is enclosed by half blue dark matter and half green dark matter.

Venus - Earth 5
A quarter of the way into the level, the black hole is after the top green particle accelerator. Here is a screenshot.

Mercury - Venus 4
3/4 into the level, there is a long red accelerator after a lot of red multiplier rings. Crash into the large dark matter boxes to destroy them and avoid the accelerator to reach the black hole beneath the accelerator.

Or: avoid all the red multipliers. Then you can avoid the dark matter and hit the fireworks as the accelerator will be deactivated. (from metz10)

Sun - Mercury 3
At the beginning of the level. There are green and red dark matter boxes covering it.

The normal way:
Quote:
Originally Posted by metz10 View Post
I believe the intended route for entering this black hole is collect the red and green orbitals, then avoid the asteroid until you can go over it and drop down into the now-open black hole.
The alternate way: It is possible to squeeze past both of them, as long as you have at least one multiplier.

Last edited by argentscarf: 04-11-2012 at 12:15 PM.
argentscarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #3
inspiral66

Thanks, argentscarf!
+rep
inspiral66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
Ziabster

The method to get the black hole in Saturn 6 is wrong. Well at least I couldn't get it the way described above. You have to first activate the mine so that it destroys some of the dark matter and only then you can get the black hole.

Concerning the 4 orbitals achievement. I got that in the bonus level (can't remember which one though) but it was one of the first to have orbitals in it.
Ziabster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:20 AM   #5
inspiral66

Can anyone confirm the Venus black hole is found in Earth 5? I peer at the screen until my eyes are ready to fall out of my head but I still can't find the black hole in the location described above.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
argentscarf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziabster View Post
The method to get the black hole in Saturn 6 is wrong. Well at least I couldn't get it the way described above. You have to first activate the mine so that it destroys some of the dark matter and only then you can get the black hole.
Hmm...You're probably right. I don't really remember what happened first, so I'll change it.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
argentscarf

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiral66 View Post
Can anyone confirm the Venus black hole is found in Earth 5? I peer at the screen until my eyes are ready to fall out of my head but I still can't find the black hole in the location described above.
Oh, it's there. Here is a screenshot.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
metz10

Quote:
Originally Posted by argentscarf View Post
Mercury - Venus 4
3/4 into the level, there is a long red accelerator after a lot of red multiplier rings. Crash into the large dark matter boxes to destroy them and avoid the accelerator to reach the black hole beneath the accelerator.
As long as you avoid the red multiplier rings throughout the level, you can avoid the dark matter blocks through the inactive red accelerator, hit the fireworks and enter the hole with ease.

Quote:
Sun - Mercury 3
At the beginning of the level. There are green and red dark matter boxes blocking the black hole. It is possible to squeeze past both of them, as long as you have at least one multiplier.
I believe the intended route for entering this black hole is collect the red and green orbitals, then avoid the asteroid until you can go over it and drop down into the now-open black hole.

==========

Sorry for picking at details, just wanted to explain how I solved these.
metz10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #9
argentscarf

Oh, that's fine. There are alternate ways to get to some of the others too, probably.

Quote:
As long as you avoid the red multiplier rings throughout the level, you can avoid the dark matter blocks through the inactive red accelerator, hit the fireworks and enter the hole with ease.
I added it up there.

Quote:
Yeah, I thought so too. But I could never get both orbitals and make it all the way there. I did die at least 10 times before I made it past the first obstacle, so that might be a clue to my skill level. Though, I wonder if the developers thought of it, or if it's sort of cheating...
Old 04-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #10
metz10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziabster View Post
Concerning the 4 orbitals achievement. I got that in the bonus level (can't remember which one though) but it was one of the first to have orbitals in it.
Correct, the level is Uranus' Moon 1 - Titania. It's a Twinkling mode, but there are four green orbitals available to you. There are other levels with four orbitals, but I can't remember which they are. This is the first though.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #11
inspiral66

Quote:
Oh, it's there. Here is a screenshot.
Thanks, mate. Got it at last. Never would have noticed it without your help.

And thanks for the tip re. the four orbitals guys. Got that achievement this evening.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
inspiral66

Is 'Collateral Damage', the achievement for killing a squid with a firework, unlocking properly? Here's a screenshot from Venus 3 of a squid about to be destroyed by a firework. Am I misunderstanding something?
Old 04-15-2012, 02:43 AM   #13
Ziabster

Anyone can tell me if I have to do the endless mode achievements in one go or not? I have destroyed over 100 squids in the Venus endless mode by simply crashing into them and I got no achievement, although the ingame statistics do show that I destroyed 100+ (I just memorised the number of squids destroyed before I started doing the endless mode). Or does crashing into them not count?
Old 04-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #14
metz10

I would imagine that they have to be achieved in one session, since the achievement is basically awarding you for performing well in a given Endless Mode. Also, accumulative achievements generally tend to have a counter if they can be collected across sessions.

As for the squids, I'd think you have to destroy them (as per the other squid achievements) rather than charge into them. I haven't tried Venus EM yet though so cannot verify.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #15
Ziabster

Well, without charging into squids I got none destroyed by level 20 in the endless mode so far.

PS level 49, still no achievement. I guess you do have to crash into them.

Last edited by Ziabster: 04-15-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Waveform