Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
nabokovfan87

Ghost Recon: Online and PRE-TF2 DOD:S

Hey all,

I'm not sure how much of the "old schoolers" there will be who remember DOD:S for what it was, but if anything this would be the place to ask. Give the following thread a look as well as the two videos I uploaded. Be sure to give some opinions and if you feel willing post a reply on what you think about the discussion at hand.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ED-to-be-fixed!

If you don't want to register for the UBI forums, no worries, I will post some of the replies over there when they come in.

Thanks,
-nabokovfan87
Old 04-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
Guyver.

Banned

What does this have to do with DoD:S, other than you mentioning the DoD:S flag cap times?

Just because something works well in DoD:S, does not mean it'll translate well into other games.

Ghost Recon does not equal DoD:S.

Last edited by Guyver.: 04-09-2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
nabokovfan87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyver. View Post

What does this have to do with DoD:S, other than you mentioning the DoD:S flag cap times?

Just because something works well in DoD:S, does not mean it'll translate well into other games.

Ghost Recon does not equal DoD:S.
The point was DOD:S was an extremely good and popular game. It was very much more strategic then anything out there, and more team based then anything out there. It was also a flag based or zone/capture based game.

There are certain things DOD:S did that the folks over at GRO forums don't believe or want to hear is a good thing. So, what are the things from DOD:S pre-tf2 that everyone enjoyed and what are the things that a game that "plays a lot like DOD:S" would do well to include?

As I said in the beginning, I don't want GRO to flat out copy DOD:S, but there is something to be said for taking a note from a game that did something extremely well.

I agree GR is not DOD:S, but GRO is very much like DOD:S...

Last edited by nabokovfan87: 04-10-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source